• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where's all the home grown talent?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Why not look at their qualifications?
    maybe he/she doesnt like fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      We've already identified that you're an ignorant racist cretinous prick, so need to provide further evidence. But thank you for your time.
      He does have a point with this:

Ask any Saudi / Dubai expat about the Indian Mafia.
      It's not only Saudi / Dubai. Ask any black African.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Gad, Carruthers, we didn't get to wear funny hats & rule half the world with that sort of attitude.

I blame the invention of the AK47.

Harummph.

<ZG in "Colonel Blimp forever" mode>
        Can't trust those Commies either.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          30 per hour + all the unwanted gropes an eastern European developer could want.
          You should have applied then.

You'd have got a pay rise and a sex life.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            He does have a point with this:

It's not only Saudi / Dubai. Ask any black African.
            You really had to watch your back. Basically they wanted the whole IT operation to be a closed shop - i.e. Indians only - and they would snipe and eavesdrop what you thought were private conversations and go to senior management (always a Saudi or Emirati) with their twisted version of events in the hope that you'd be their patsy.

Fortunately at that time, a western expat was far higher up the pecking order than an Indian so they usually ended up wearing egg on their faces.

However, I think that has now changed and they have the tech market well and truly stitched up out there with very few opportunities for western expats unless you're in something very niche.

And, yes. It worries me about the future here. I think the writing is on the wall and we need to prepare ourselves for when the uk tech sector becomes an Indian closed shop.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
              £30 per hour.
              Oh I see, thought you were looking for someone in IT.
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post

And, yes. It worries me about the future here. I think the writing is on the wall and we need to prepare ourselves for when the uk tech sector becomes an Indian closed shop.
                Then hire Eastern Europeans then all from the same country. There must be away you can attract Romanians......
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Then hire Eastern Europeans then all from the same country. There must be away you can attract Romanians......
                  Funny you should say that . 3 of the 5 CVs I've recommended for shortlisting are from Romanians.

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
                    Funny you should say that . 3 of the 5 CVs I've recommended for shortlisting are from Romanians.
                    not doing work on ATMs?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      not doing work on ATMs?
                      Romanian doesn't equal Roma.

Roma are hated all through Europe.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X