• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where's all the home grown talent?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am hiring too - muppet central at the minute

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
      I am hiring too - muppet central at the minute
      Does that mean my application has been refused?

I thought I was a shoe-in being a man. I know you like men working under you.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
        £30 per hour.
        I should also have asked what type of role. For a dev £30 is way too cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Maybe they don't want to work for a racist?

Most of the team I work on have Indian names. In fact only 2 not of Indian origin - me and an Italian/Argentinian. And they are all good. Very very good.

Why not look at their qualifications?
          God, you're even starting to talk like one!

A lot of the Indians I've worked with have been consummate bullsh!tters and the quality of the work has been appalling. Not all of them but a sizeable proportion and it's enough to make the non Indian CVs float to the top of the pile when I'm sifting through a whole stack of them.

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post

A lot of the Indians I've worked with have been consummate bullsh!tters and the quality of the work has been appalling. Not all of them but a sizeable proportion and it's enough to make the non Indian CVs float to the top of the pile when I'm sifting through a whole stack of them.
            I expect that is not just racist but illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              I should also have asked what type of role. For a dev £30 is way too cheap.
              around £1.2k a week? For the joy of working with me? They should have been queueing around the block.

Comment

You are not only showing that you are a racist but also stupid.

If you look at where people were educated you can work out whether they are likely to suit your way of working i.e. by rejecting anyone not educated in the EU.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

If you look at where people were educated you can work out whether they are likely to suit your way of working i.e. by rejecting anyone not educated in the EU.
                  Ok, so if it's a UK born person with an Indian name it doesn't go in the bin. As for Indians that were educated in the EU - well that doesn't seem to be much middle ground. You either have Indians born and educated in the subcontinent or UK born people of Indian decent that were educated here.

And as for all the cries of racism - I've worked in the middle east for a number of years & just you wait until the on-shored Indians are in middle management. Then you'll really need to watch your back. Ask any Saudi / Dubai expat about the Indian Mafia.

And what happens when there's another slump with all those Indian programmers surplus to requirements - think they're all going to go home? I get the impression they've all got their feet firmly under the table.

Sounds harsh, I know - but that's the way I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Some of the Indians I have worked with were educated in the UK and some in India. There are certainly a few culteral things to be learnt if they are Indian Educated. But either way their work quality is good. And they work damned hard.

10 years ago that was not often the case. They are getting better and better. And they will overtake us. The west is doomed.

Comment

Ok, so if it's a UK born person with an Indian name it doesn't go in the bin. As for Indians that were educated in the EU - well that doesn't seem to be much middle ground. You either have Indians born and educated in the subcontinent or UK born people of Indian decent that were educated here.

And as for all the cries of racism - I've worked in the middle east for a number of years & just you wait until the on-shored Indians are in middle management. Then you'll really need to watch your back. Ask any Saudi / Dubai expat about the Indian Mafia.

And what happens when there's another slump with all those Indian programmers surplus to requirements - think they're all going to go home? I get the impression they've all got their feet firmly under the table.

Sounds harsh, I know - but that's the way I feel.
                      We've already identified that you're an ignorant racist cretinous prick, so need to provide further evidence. But thank you for your time.

Comment

Working...
                      X