• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calling all Fanbois!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    The dell XPS with infinity edge display is worth a look... the only problem is that it's not a Mac!
    That's a big positive as far as I'm concerned. Can't stand Apple stuff
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Using a Dell Precision 5510 given to me by client co, The infinity edge screen is great if you can handle the strobe effect of random flashing. Downgrading the BIO's seems to fix this and changing the video driver.

Of course none of this nonsense happens on my MBP.

Just my two cents

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
        That's a big positive as far as I'm concerned. Can't stand Apple stuff
        What can't you stand about it?

One of the things I notice is that there are more people who complain about "Fanbois" than there are people who use Apple products.
        Then there are those who don't like it because it's one company. Many of those people post their dislike from their PC running Windows, Office and Internet Explorer.
        And then there are those who don't like Apple because they've never used an Apple product and will resolutely refuse to use one.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          What can't you stand about it?

One of the things I notice is that there are more people who complain about "Fanbois" than there are people who use Apple products.
          Then there are those who don't like it because it's one company. Many of those people post their dislike from their PC running Windows, Office and Internet Explorer.
          And then there are those who don't like Apple because they've never used an Apple product and will resolutely refuse to use one.
          I'm very tongue in cheek about my "dislike", that's more to do with trying to help others with devices etc.
          I had an Apple monitor that was good, but it hasn't lasted as long as this Acer one, was £900 worth of monitor at the time (not that I paid that).

I maintain they have business practices I don't like and some of the designs are just plain rubbish, but you can say that about most tech companies practices / products.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Unsold on the Touch Bar, well not anymore

https://twitter.com/b3ll/status/800453225832849408
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I think this boils down to either plain old jealousy, or to our seemingly innate desire to find ways to differentiate ourselves from the masses, so we can look down on them. We will use obvious differences like race, religion, political views, wealth, class, sexuality, gender... or failing that we'll just manufacture a division; football team, phone choice, brand of car/clothing, environmental awareness.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

the 99% always complain about the 1%

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  the 99% always complain about the 1%
                  My complaint with apple is that their new macbook pros don't meet my needs.

As my needs are fairly common (enough memory to run a VM or 2 while without internet access) I know its a common requirement.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    My complaint with apple is that their new macbook pros don't meet my needs.

As my needs are fairly common (enough memory to run a VM or 2 while without internet access) I know its a common requirement.
                    I think they have moved from the niche user with a specific requirement, to a consumer product that appeals to many

Comment

Just been looking at how to get Doom running on my Macbook - any ideas? If it takes more than 2 minutes to sort I CBA.

I know this was only resurrected only to show you wicked the Touch Bar was with Doom on it but I am disappointed with the lack of more ram in the new models. I was going to post at the time this thread came up but posters with more brains than me pointed out the power consumption and heat generation and I wondered if 32GB RAM was ever likely.

I really do like my MBPro now I have got used to it. It gives me everything I need, powers two gert big screens, sites all set up locally so have killed a dev box at home and in the office. Do run a Windows VM but I neally have my email accounts (many fingers, many pies) working in other native sets up (nothing beats Outlook on Windows though) but a bit more RAM would be nice. Had messages the other day that I needed to shut some programs as not enough memory but I did have a lot open as well as a VM to just run Outlook

Solid bit of kit. I was a mac hater but now I like it a lot. Not enough to like the Touch bar though, or desire an iPhone. Although the camera on the 7 does look shiny...

Comment

Working...
                      X