• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    That bloke is an utter cocksocket.

If Scotland votes yes, he'll never see enough power to put a guard on his granny's fire
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      That bloke is an utter cocksocket.

If Scotland votes yes, he'll never see enough power to put a guard on his granny's fire
      Guards? Good grief.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Well, I certainly hope that the Yes campaign wins this one. The polls do give some cause for hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
          Does he mean guards just like the Russians at checkpoint Charlie?
          (Hint: the Berlin Wall wasn't there to keep people out. . .)

Comment

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

I hope the yes vote wins, I do think that it will. I have sat on the fence, but have reached my decision. I was born in Scotland.
            Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 7 September 2014, 11:48.
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I'm glad to see Milliband is continuing to commit professional suicide. I encourage him to do more of it.

Comment

If anyone bothers to read past the poll results on the front page of the Sunday Times ( I doubt may nationalists will bother) there is a fairly scathing article on the finances of an independent Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  If anyone bothers to read past the poll results on the front page of the Sunday Times ( I doubt may nationalists will bother) there is a fairly scathing article on the finances of an independent Scotland.
                  Yep but the entire Yes campaign is based on Hope while you have to wonder whether the utter incompetency of Better Together is intentional.

Some one suggested that a vote for Yes is simply the equivalent of a vote for UKIP as Westminister is so bad you will vote for anyone else with a chance of winning.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It is hard to argue against fantasy with reality. That is the problem with the no campaign.

Comment

...my first post...

If the 'Yes' campaign had managed to nail the economic argument it would be easy for me to vote for them.

The haven't.

The RUK would ride out a Yes vote - Scotland would be less likely to do so. The levels of naivety which sees Yes voters assume a currency Union, automatic entry into the EU and minimal financial pain post separation is breathtaking.

Currency Union is a big no - it would be massively unpopular in the rest of the UK.
                      Automatic entry into the EU - maybe, but who knows. Without a controllable currency or the Euro then it would not be smooth entry. Sharing the pound would not allow us entry - we need a central bank.
                      All of these unknowns lead to financial instability.

...and for us the killer. The major bank I work for will be relocating large parts of IT down south. Contingency plans have been drawn up which will see contracts not renewed and, where possible, terminated early.
                      Relocating perms will be unpalatable in the short term - so contract resources will feel the pain.

So vote Yes, but expect to be travelling.

Comment

Working...
                      X