• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Scotland is not a nation state. It is the UK that is a member. If Scotland secedes, it leaves the UK so is not automatically a member. But... the constitution did not have this in mind, which is why I think it will get sorted out one way or another
    unfortunately several EU members want to make entry as painful as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      Why 'god help us' Shaunbhoy ? You live in England. None of this will touch you
      I just might have been considering retiring back north with my booty.
      I could probably have come to terms with the weather again, but after a few years of Salmonomics I expect the place to look like the set to Robocop.
      Its the children I feel sorry for..........
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

FAO Cojak

That is absolutely not 'certain'. Is it 'certain' that an accommodation won't be found to allow Scotland in? You talk as much bollocks as Salmond.

In between, free hot and cold running unicorns for all citizens and the end of civilisation, lies the truth. And the truth is that it will probably be fine but there are significant risks.
        Cojak, can you please lock this thread due to an outbreak of common sense.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
          Does NATO know they are fighting IS?

I need my unicorn to get me to the polling station so I'm sure Mr Salmond won't mind waiting
          Don't worry. He's already sent your postal vote in for you.

Comment

Originally posted by jemb View Post
            They tend to be financially struggling members, who can be stiff-armed into doing 'the right thing'.

Comment

Originally posted by sirja View Post
              But that's what people have been trying to tell the Yes camp for months now. Spain will make it as hard as posible for Scotland to join the EU in order not to encourage Catalonia. I would expect Belgium to do the same so as not to encourage Flanders. Eventually an Independent Scotland would join the EU, but it certainly won't be at independence.
              You don't seem to realise that Catalonians want independence and have done for centuries. They don't need encouraged by Scotland although us getting independence would be a boost to them.

Just having the referendum is what they want, not joining the EU. That is a fish of a scarlet hue.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                I just might have been considering retiring back north with my booty.
                I could probably have come to terms with the weather again, but after a few years of Salmonomics I expect the place to look like the set to Robocop.
                Its the children I feel sorry for..........
                That's a shame, although, all things considered, if that is your opinion, then probably best to stay the f**k away and have the Camerosbornomics or the ballsonomics that you clearly cherish
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I have been scrupulously fair and factual in this thread.
                  Yes, quite the departure. Are you feeling giddy?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by jemb View Post
                    The bullies!

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                      Cojak, can you please lock this thread due to an outbreak of common sense.
                      It's what I've been saying all along.

Comment

Working...
                      X