• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Project reality is going to have a massive hit on the yes vote over the next few days. I dont think yesterday would have been a polling day as well which was a bad day.
    The previous poll was taken before the 3 amigos came up to Scotland too so they are a bit out of date when they are published.

I always wonder how much faith you can put in polls when they only ask 1000 people. SNP were behind in the polls before the last Holyrood election and won a majority.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      They wont be dropping.
      Hahaha stop being stupid. So you dont think local produce would be cheaper? If you are going to make stuff up at least make it a bit more realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
        The previous poll was taken before the 3 amigos came up to Scotland too so they are a bit out of date when they are published.

I always wonder how much faith you can put in polls when they only ask 1000 people. SNP were behind in the polls before the last Holyrood election and won a majority.
        they won a majority because Labour were inpept.....
        Oh f*** inept Labour, SNP triumph......history repeating itself?

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
          Latest Poll from ICM 51% No 49% yes, not bad after the last few days of Scare onslaught from London.

Scottish referendum too close to call, says ICM poll | Politics | theguardian.com
          Considering the negative onslaught indeed I'd have expected a larger impact.

And remember ICM is the 'gold standard' of polls. So a 'no' vote is in the bag. But 17% are yet to make up there mind. Now I read somewhere the 'undecided' are twice as likely to lean to yes than no. If that's true then based on a 4million turnout 'No' is 47.9%% and 'Yes' is on 52%
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by jemb View Post
            they won a majority because Labour were inpept.....
            Oh f*** inept Labour, SNP triumph......history repeating itself?
            I remember voting in that election. Was still registered in Scotland at the time but working in Germany. I flew over early that day so I could arrive before the polling station shut. You'll never guess who I voted for.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Underscore Pt2 View Post
              Hahaha stop being stupid. So you dont think local produce would be cheaper? If you are going to make stuff up at least make it a bit more realistic.
              I would think 95% plus of stuff sold in Scottish supermarkets is not produced locally.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

And remember ICM is the 'gold standard' of polls. So a 'no' vote is in the bag. But 17% are yet to make up there mind. Now I read somewhere the 'undecided' are twice as likely to lean to yes than no. If that's true then based on a 4million turnout 'No' is 47.9%% and 'Yes' is on 52%
                It's not in the bag, even if there were no undecided, as its a sample of 1000. It's a statistical dead heat at 51-49.

Comment

I read somewhere that Undecided are more likely to vote 'No' as they are the ones that'll bottle it on the day.

face it - the polls are all over the place.....

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    It seems unlikely to me that Salmond will accept defeat graciously.
                    We're not a war. Yet.

Comment

I remember voting in that election. Was still registered in Scotland at the time but working in Germany. I flew over early that day so I could arrive before the polling station shut. You'll never guess who I voted for.
                      UKIP?

Comment

Working...
                      X