• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Ah, so, kicked out of the EU for at least five years and STILL be forced to use the Euro. I can see a strong argument for that happening.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      You don't think he has a hidden agenda, given a large bit of his country want's to go independent?

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post

The First Minister will be in all the papers tomorrow with an open letter that should make up the 'don't knows' minds to vote Yes too.
        Let me guess, free entry to the Bannockburn Visitors Centre, some Buckie Coupons, and promises of a Porridge Subsidy for dithering Teuchters?
        He will be in the papers tomorrow with his latest batch of Fantasy Moonshine back-of-a-fag-packet Accounting nonsense hoping to convince any remaining dreamers and drunks.
        God help us!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
          I know that there are NATO members that ban nuclear weapons on their territory, and (though they will turn a blind eye) don't want nuclear armed vessels in their ports. All I'm saying is the position of the SNP is skirting around a guaranteed expulsion of weapons, and that IMO they will have to back down on that somewhat to be allowed back inside NATO again.

Iceland and Lithuania are the only two countries that completely refuse the nuclear obligations of the 'nuclear alliance' that is NATO. Lithuania is in a horrible complex position between ex-soviet states and is surrounded by Russia to the east and west, and apart from Iceland being volcano central, does it even have an army?
          Probably best do what Unix suggested and see how many Nato members are nuclear states.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            Ah, so, kicked out of the EU for at least five years and STILL be forced to use the Euro. I can see a strong argument for that happening.
            Yeah according to the No's we will be kicked out of Nato the EU forced to use the Euro and the rating agencies will award us junk status. They have some many scare stories they don't even see if they make sense when combined.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
              You don't think he has a hidden agenda, given a large bit of his country want's to go independent?
              Spain does indeed have a hidden agenda. And probably a veto as well. But... my opinion is that because Spain is in a weak economic position the EU will lean on them to facilitate speedy membership. But the risk remains.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                Let me guess, free entry to the Bannockburn Visitors Centre, some Buckie Coupons, and promises of a Porridge Subsidy for dithering Teuchters?
                He will be in the papers tomorrow with his latest batch of Fantasy Moonshine back-of-a-fag-packet Accounting nonsense hoping to convince any remaining dreamers and drunks.
                God help us!

Why 'god help us' Shaunbhoy ? You live in England. None of this will touch you, in fact you'll be rolling in it once this massive drain on your resources is towed away by tugs out of the Eurozone.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Well, EWNI will accept the offer. But not if it is conditional on accepting a CU, which is unrelated to the division of assets and debts.

And if iScotland follow through on their threat and don't take the debt, what will the credit rating agencies do?
                  .....it would impact the RUK rating slightly, but would have a significant adverse impact on our rating. It won't happen, a new Scotland would need to borrow in order to take Sterling - the last thing a new government would do is damage it's own credit rating.

I'm surprised Swinney came out with it - from an economic perspective it's a mad thing to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                    It's my opinion, i'm not saying I know this 100% to be a fact.
                    How many more of your opinions in this thread have you represented as facts?
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by jemb View Post
                      Now. Article 49 says Scotland will leave and then reapply. To enter into the EU, you need to have the Euro as your currency.

I agree that the currency will be Sterling, but not in a CU. How we manage negotiating into the EU with that is up in the air.

Bear in mind that HMG is supportive of an article 48 entry - its other EU members saying 49.
                      You don't have to have Euro as your currency to join the EU.

Comment

Working...
                      X