• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    That's because they have got in trouble for encouraging anti-English sentiment.

They should just say "London based" and be done with it.
    Makes us look like hillbillies.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      Robinson reported it and in his VT, Salmond's response was cut out and Robinson reported 'The First Minister declined to answer'.

The letter from Asda claiming that their original communication was misrepresented has not been on the news either.
      BBC - Complaints - BBC News at Six and Ten, BBC One, 11 September, 2014

"The BBC considers that the questions were valid and the overall report balanced and impartial, in line with our editorial guidelines."

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Mmmm. Last time I checked apprentices were sent to further education collages for the day release part of their courses. Anyway the policy like many SNP policies don't make sense. In fact the SNP are as tulip as politicians elsewhere in the UK.
        Yes the scotsman.com is a unionist paper. Perhaps a source not influenced by the debate would be best.

Regardless, I don't expect people continue to vote for SNP once Scotland becomes independent. They're just a facilitator to something greater.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          I see the SNP have started to use the word metropolitan in the last few days, metropolitan media etc. We can clearly see that it means English.
          What would cosmopolitain be code for?
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Transactions, like ships through the Panama Canal, flow through London.
            With a transaction tax soon to be brought forward do you think that'll always be the case?

We're going nowhere. Scotland will still be there long after the referendum. Just a change of management.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              With a transaction tax soon to be brought forward do you think that'll always be the case?

We're going nowhere. Scotland will still be there long after the referendum. Just a change of management.
              We? You ****ed off to another country.

Comment

We? You ****ed off to another country.
                When the water starts raising past my knees, I jump. One for all and all for me.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  When the water starts raising past my knees, I jump. One for all and all for me.
                  Free (**** this I'm off) doom!

Comment

Free (**** this I'm off) doom!
                    We've all been there..

My other half is begging me to reconsider

Dear Holly,
                    My marriage has been troubled for the past 300 years or so. I feel I’m left out of all the important decisions, I’m never allowed control of my own income and we’d both be happier if we split for good. However, my other half has suddenly started begging me to reconsider, has promised things will be better if we give it another go and even offered to give cross-dressing a try. What should I do?
                    Scotland

holly:

Dear Scotland,
                    Have you thought seriously about the effect this split will have on poor, sweet Wales and Northern Ireland? Do you not think all this bickering is taking its toll on their vulnerable young minds? You’re too busy fighting to notice but those two poor little countries cry themselves to sleep most nights. Try to keep any split as amicable as possible. Otherwise you’ll get called into school and asked to explain why young Wales went totally berserk in morning assembly, punched a hole in the wall of the school gym and took a dinner lady hostage for six hours.

Hope that helps,
                    Holly

Comment

Edinburgh Castle says YES. Brave girl exposes lies of Gordon Brown on the NHS.

Girl Scales Edinburgh Castle Cliff Face To Put Huge 'Yes' Sign

Comment

Working...
                      X