• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which reward credit card?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Check Moneysupermarket and see what's on offer.
    Feel epic.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Tesco - 1% to points, but combined with the clubcard deals, effectively 3 or 4%.
      You already get 1 point per £1 you spend, so does the Tesco CC really end up doubling that? I thought they only gave you one extra point per £4 - so you end up getting 5 points in total per £4. I'm sure that used to be the case otherwise we would've got that card instead of Amazon when we were looking at rewards.

The Santander 1-2-3 CC is worth checking out, you get up to 3% back but only on certain things, and the card has a fee. Worth checking the maths although there's something nice about getting points rather than just £1.56 credited to your account each month, since then you can save them up and splash out!
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        You already get 1 point per £1 you spend, so does the Tesco CC really end up doubling that? I thought they only gave you one extra point per £4 - so you end up getting 5 points in total per £4. I'm sure that used to be the case otherwise we would've got that card instead of Amazon when we were looking at rewards.

The Santander 1-2-3 CC is worth checking out, you get up to 3% back but only on certain things, and the card has a fee. Worth checking the maths although there's something nice about getting points rather than just £1.56 credited to your account each month, since then you can save them up and splash out!
        Yep, you're right. It's 1 point per £4. Hmmm.

Used to have a GM card, and got a few K off new cars over the years. Believe they've just brought out a new one if Vauxhalls are your thing.

Vauxhall Rewards Card - up to £1,500 off a new Vauxhall | Capital One

Other car manufacturers might do similar?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Yep, you're right. It's 1 point per £4. Hmmm.
          Thought that seemed too good to be true

There are always cards which give 5% for a few months, but only up to £100 reward total. Worth it if you don't mind getting a new CC every 3 months, but you have to keep closing the old ones if they are backed by the same group... MBNA back LOTS of cards and have a total credit limit across all cards in the same name.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

You have to tell us what you want. Travel? Goods? See Head for Points for some good ideas if you're into hotel points or avios.

Personally, I use the Virgin Atlantic amex, and get 2 miles per pound spent. I put everything I can through this, and as a result the family and I get an upper class trip to somewhere nice every couple of years. Last year it was capetown, and I've just booked Miami for next summer.
            World's Best Martini

Comment

American Express has really good cashback cards if you are prepared to spend the amount required to qualify for them (which can also result in no annual fee), which I assume will be no issue with this being a contractor forum. Their Nectar card is also decent if you spend on those stores that qualify. It can work out better than some of the cashback cards on offer, but not their own ones if memory serves.

Comment

Excuse me peasants Mr Reward Card is here.

I have two premium BA Cards(wife and I). 1.5 Avios per £1. £150 per year fee. Spend £10k in a year and get a companion voucher for flights which lasts for 24 months, not 12 with the other. Also get additional bonus with Booking BA flights.

Hilton Honors. Double dip Points and Avios. Diamond.
                Marriott Reward, free rooms. Gold.
                Tesco Credit Card * 2. All spending on cards in Tesco, Petrol.
                When shopping B&Q/Argos go to Tesco first for Gift cards. Bonus 150 points, plus 50 used on Tesco Credit Card for each £50 to max out points.
                Shell Reward card - convert to Avios
                Star Alliance Card
                Gold Card BA. Multiplier on Flights
                Avis Preferred.

I have been flying around 10-11 times a year expensed to the US. Now accumulate 50k Avios every trip. Now have four full companion vouchers. Bloody pity no time to spend diddly.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Spend £10k in a year and get a companion voucher for flights which lasts for 24 months, not 12 with the other..
                  A flight that lasts 24 months! That's a long flight.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X