• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

200 years.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If everybody had just sat down with a nice cup of tea, I'm sure it could all have been sorted out peacefully
    Glass of vodka would have worked.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      A CIA analysis of "…the causes and consequences of
      the American failure to anticipate, perceive, and prepare for the British attack": https://www.cia.gov/library/center-f...4-June2014.pdf (PDF)
      Very interesting.

At least they got a good national anthem out of the Brits though
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        A CIA analysis of "…the causes and consequences of
        the American failure to anticipate, perceive, and prepare for the British attack": https://www.cia.gov/library/center-f...4-June2014.pdf (PDF)
        I feel the bile rising.. to equate an Act of War (for which the Americans had declared War on GB some 2 years earlier ) with the same "without warning" sneaky underhanded attacks such as Pearl Harbour or 9/11 shows American history manipulation at its worst

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          I feel the bile rising.. to equate an Act of War (for which the Americans had declared War on GB some 2 years earlier ) with the same "without warning" sneaky underhanded attacks such as Pearl Harbour or 9/11 shows American history manipulation at its worst

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
          Pearl Harbour was hardly any more of a surprise. FDR had deliberately baited Japan for a long time, precisely for the purpose of inducing them into starting a war.

"American history manipulation"
          "sneaky underhanded"

Comment

"Status Quo Ante Bellum".

Same state as existed before the war. (Hence why I thought it was odd, both sides considered it a victory for them, but nothing really changed.)

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Oops.

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                "In the rockets red glare"
                That was the last time the American flag had the same number of stars as stripes.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                  Teehee.

The Yanks take themselves too seriously at times.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                  X