• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

David Cameron in ice bucket challenge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    I've already done it but for MacMillan Nurses. Apparently theye've raised enough for 9 new nurses already
    Indeed the MND charities are having a go at the cancer charities for "stealing" their idea. I heard that cancer charities have raised over £500,000 whereas MND charities have raised approx £50,000 and they ain't too pleased

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      Indeed the MND charities are having a go at the cancer charities for "stealing" their idea. I heard that cancer charities have raised over £500,000 whereas MND charities have raised approx £50,000 and they ain't too pleased
      I must admit I didn't know the MND charities were doing it as I had only heard about the MacMillan Nurses and I was nominated via Facebook for that. I only heard about ALS in the US doing it afterwards and thought of it as two different charities on two continents doing the same idea.

It may be that more people have been affected by cancer in their families than MND and can relate to the work the MacMillan Nurses do.

Comment

So remind him to get his wallet out!
        Just did mine and I did

Comment

CLient co are doing a mass IBC, but then one of they guys posted this...

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
            The idea is that you either do the challenge and donate a smaller sum, or you forfeit the challenge and donate more. However, I was nominated yesterday and I'm not even sure the person who nominated me for it has any clue WHAT it's for at all, so I highly doubt they donated...

It's good for awareness I suppose, but that does fall down somewhat when people forget what they're doing and it just turns into another schoolyard dare.
            Can one do the challenge spontaneously as a way to nominate others, or are you supposed to wait to be nominated?

Also, I thought you were allowed to pick the charity of your choice?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Macmillan were doing it weeks before the yanks copied it for ALS.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Can one do the challenge spontaneously as a way to nominate others, or are you supposed to wait to be nominated?
                According to the article linked to in the original post,
                Of course to nominate anyone, you must have already taken part in the campaign yourself – and this Brand did with typical flamboyance.
                so you don't have to be nominated, you just have to have done it before you can nominate anyone else.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
                  Russell Brand is a tw@

End of!
                  WHS

Maybe he could be persuaded to try a liquid nitrogen ice bucket challenge
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                  X