• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World war 3 now imminent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And vast majority of the population of Sudetenland were German.

And vast majority of Austria were and still are speaking German, in fact it is the Official language there.

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
      historically Crimea has been Russian territoty.
      Try harder next time, kamrade Ivanoff.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        And vast majority of the population of Sudetenland were German.

And vast majority of Austria were and still are speaking German, in fact it is the Official language there.

I think you need to look up the word 'ethnic' in a dictionary. Population of Austria:
        1 Ethnic Austrians 7.8 Million
        2 Turks 350,000
        3 Germans 236,000
        4 Serbs 192,000
        5 Slovenes 50,000
        6 Croats 25,000
        7 Hungarians 20,000
        Population of Crimea:
        Russians 1,492,078 67.90%
        Ukrainians 344,515 15.70%
        Crimean Tatars (+ Tatars) 277,336 12.60%
        Belarusians 21,694 1.00%
        Armenians 11,030 0.50%
        Jews (+ Karaites) 3,144 0.10%
        Others
        Total population 2,284,769

Comment

Ok, so any area which has got majority of ethic nation X is ok to be annexed militarily by said nation X, is that the new rule for 21st century or does it only apply to Russia?

Comment

Ok, so any area which has got majority of ethic nation X is ok to be annexed militarily by said nation X, is that the new rule for 21st century or does it only apply to Russia?
            You stating that Crimea belonged to Ukraine with 100% certainty and somehow the evil Russians took it over signals in a pretty obvious way that you get your news from bbc and cnn (or facebook). You actually are completely clueless about history and are just regurgitating whatever you heard on the internet. You do know that Russians didn't actually invade to annex anything - the Russian army was already in Crimea legally?

It's not upto Ukrainians to claim Crimea. They NEVER had any historical claim to it. They also had very little actual legal claim to it. The legality of transfer of Crimea in 1954 from USSR to Ukrainian SSR is debated to this day and is questioned by almost all Russian historians and some Western historians because NO referendum took place at the time. The people that lived there were not given a choice.

Fastforward to 1991 and after the fall of USSR - Crimea has ALWAYS seeked autonomy and Crimean Oblast held a successful referendum to gain autonomy from Ukraine. Attempts at gaining a legal status for this autonomy were subsequently blocked by Kiev and the subsequent referendum in 1992 was never held.

What do you even think that means, for a piece of territory to belong to a country? Like really - use your tiny brain a little bit. Why do you think wars happen? And we will put aside the obvious reasons like money, individual ambitions, territory etc.

Why did the World Wars happen? Nationalism. Clash of ethnicity. Why do you think US failed in Afghanistan? Or any other middle eastern country? Because people are different. Different cultural ties, different religion etc etc.

It's upto the people that live in Crimea to decide which country they belong to. And they did decide - they voted to join Russia in 2014 during a referendum. If you think that vote is somehow coerced or illegal or fake after reading about the history of Crimea then that's just you choosing to believe a fantasy story that fits your narrative and ignoring the reality of DOCUMENTED history of Crimea.

Can your small mind not comprehend somehow that if Crimea was actually Ukrainian then there would have been no quiet transfer from one party to another? The people would have risen. Much like they have risen in the eastern part of Ukraine where the Ukrainian nazis are carrying out attacks on mostly Russian population.
            Last edited by cannon999; 16 February 2022, 00:21.

Comment

Comment

I mean I could send you some links to citations so that you can educate yourself about the actual facts of the matter but something tells me you wouldn't bother reading them. Because it's much easier to read and buy into a scandalous bbc headline right?

Comment

Have you ever been to Crimea?

Comment

Have you ever been to Crimea?
                    Yes I have. My family is a mix of Russians and Ukrainians. I, myself, am in no way patriotic about either side (west or russia or ukraine). As long as it doesn't bother me or my finances - I don't really care. But as someone who grew up between multiple countries I do see the irony of the mentality of the western people.

Let me tell you this and remember this the next time you have a go at China/Russia or any other country. If you think that you don't live in a censorship state in UK - you honestly are as badly fooled by your government as Russians or Chinese people are in their own respective countries. I also had the pleasure of studying history in both Russia and UK. Let me tell you - both countries tell it in a very different way. I have also travelled to Poland (Krakow) to learn more about the events of the World War 2 and polish people have their own stories/versions of events.

Until you start analysing true facts from various sources to form your own opinions you will forever be blinded by contrived narratives that you hear about on the news.

Comment

I rest my case, M'od

Comment

Working...
                      X