• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So just had a call...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Oh, it's not a school night. I'm off to the wine shop back in a bit. Can I get anything for you?
    Duty on Bucky if you vote Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Duty on Bucky if you vote Yes!
      Awful stuff. I know some pubs in Lanarkshire that have it on optics
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Damn.

Are you a PCG+ member? I know it covers for agents going bust, not sure about clients direct?
        It does now. Up to £5K, I believe.

Course, no help if you ain't joined...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          It does now. Up to £5K, I believe.

Course, no help if you ain't joined...
          5K?

I'll miss out on a weekend in the pub
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Holy Moley.
            thats bad for you CH , but what about them poor permies ?

it will ruin their year
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              Holy Moley.
              thats bad for you CH , but what about them poor permies ?

it will ruin their year
              It really will, some are on just minimum wage.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

ClientCo do have some money that Hector wants but they're planning on paying what they can to permies although not a full month's wages, I'm last in the queue except for maybe the landlord who owns the building so not holding my breath.

Chalk this one down to experience. Again.

There's gonna be tears for souvenirs tomorrow when the permies turn up to the news.

Client Risk Test? Fck Hector, 30+ years in this game and no issues ever
                If they bring in an administrator my understanding is that permie salary is the last to get paid with HMG first and then B2B second.
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Secured creditors (like banks holding a mortgage) get paid first. Preferential creditors, like employees, get paid after that. Unsecured creditors get paid last.

Somewhere in the mix are the fees paid to the receiver and HMG. They're definitely before employees, but not sure about secured creditors.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Secured creditors (like banks holding a mortgage) get paid first. Preferential creditors, like employees, get paid after that. Unsecured creditors get paid last.

Somewhere in the mix are the fees paid to the receiver and HMG. They're definitely before employees, but not sure about secured creditors.
                    Thanks for clarifying
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Here's a thing. Since they didn't have a clue they asked me to register several domain names and hosting which I did and paid for and have not been reimbursed, I presume I own them now? Probably useless but...
                      Be careful that they do indeed belong to you.

In the absence of information otherwise the receivers will probably assume they are a company asset and therefore theirs to do with what they wish. In this case you'll be down as an unsecured creditor on what they cost.

Your call: let the receiver know you control the domain names or write their cost off with the other moneys owed.
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X