• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So just had a call...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Damn.

Are you a PCG+ member? I know it covers for agents going bust, not sure about clients direct?
    No cover for direct clients anyway and my risk. Only a month and I've had a lot worse in the past but we'll see what tomorrow brings
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Actually had a call on the way back for a 3 month gig on my doorstep although a bit of a junior role so not fussed about it. The market up here seems to be picking up though.
      I was meaning between YourCo and ClientCo. As in, any chance of getting the money? Still, failing that, it's onwards and upwards.

Oh, and award yourself 10 HMRC points for passing 'The Client Risk Test'.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Damn.

Are you a PCG+ member? I know it covers for agents going bust, not sure about clients direct?
        It does but it depends on how many other companies/agencies have gone bust in that year whether you will get anything.

The wording is here:

if your client or agency goes into administration and you’re not paid for the work you've done, PCG will compensate you for the amount your company is owed .....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Ouch, sorry to hear that
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            I was meaning between YourCo and ClientCo. As in, any chance of getting the money? Still, failing that, it's onwards and upwards.

Oh, and award yourself 10 HMRC points for passing 'The Client Risk Test'.
            ClientCo do have some money that Hector wants but they're planning on paying what they can to permies although not a full month's wages, I'm last in the queue except for maybe the landlord who owns the building so not holding my breath.

Chalk this one down to experience. Again.

There's gonna be tears for souvenirs tomorrow when the permies turn up to the news.

Client Risk Test? Fck Hector, 30+ years in this game and no issues ever
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              It does but it depends on how many other companies/agencies have gone bust in that year whether you will get anything.

The wording is here:
              Never bothered joining PCG to be honest.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Never bothered joining PCG to be honest.
                Oh well.....

Never mind.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

From the owner of ClientCo. Doors closed tomorrow come and pick up anything you have in the office, oh and we can't pay you.

Hector closed them down apparently cos of lots of unpaid tax. Oh well, only a month owed
                  Any warning, in the way of tardy invoice payments or excuses?
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Any warning, in the way of tardy invoice payments or excuses?
                    Unusually no clue which is quite rare. I left early today and shortly after I left Hector turned up and after several hours of 'negotiating' pulled the plug.

No big deal for me I just move onto the next gig but the permies who won't know until they turn up tomorrow, well, there could be a riot. End of the month and no pay and some are due to jet off somewhere for annual holidays (or maybe not).

I submitted an invoice this morning expecting money to hit the account on Friday until I got the call a wee while ago. Perhaps a holiday I wasn't expecting to take until the autumn unless a decent gig come along soon.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Oh, it's not a school night. I'm off to the wine shop back in a bit. Can I get anything for you?
                      Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                      X