• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This weekend I will mostly be....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post

Haha, I thought this while watching it on TV. They're clearly fit as hell and I'm very jealous of their ability, but they don't look how I want to look.
    Yeah but if you ran 100+ miles a week you would find it hard to keep weight on.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Yeah but if you ran 100+ miles a week you would find it hard to keep weight on.
      I'm not saying that they should look any different, just that it's not a look I aspire to.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Also taking delivery of my snazzy new cordless electric lawnmower tomorrow, just in the nick of time as the lawn hasn't been mowed for nearly a month and is rapidly turning into a meadow
        Worked fine for a while, and nearly finished mowing the lawns, but now the damned thing won't turn on!

The battery is fully charged, and inserted properly along with the little override key. But the dead man's handle has stopped actually turning the thing on. This handle is linked to the motor with a steel cable, which also goes through an on-off switch half way up the main handle. But the cable has obviously lost a slight bit of tension and pulling the dead man's handle up to the main frame no longer starts the motor.

So I guess next weekend will start with a visit to Homebase
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Worked fine for a while, and nearly finished mowing the lawns, but now the damned thing won't turn on!

The battery is fully charged, and inserted properly along with the little override key. But the dead man's handle has stopped actually turning the thing on. This handle is linked to the motor with a steel cable, which also goes through an on-off switch half way up the main handle. But the cable has obviously lost a slight bit of tension and pulling the dead man's handle up to the main frame no longer starts the motor.

So I guess next weekend will start with a visit to Homebase
          15% off supposedly next weekend
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
          X