• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is paedophilia is natural and normal for males?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I probably could have structured that paragraph better.

#susanalbumparty
    Read fine to me. You mentioned mid teen girls. So I assumed 16+. Nothing illegal about that if they consent.

I had to look up the definition of pedophilia. Apparently it refers to girls under 13.

Comment

Anyone who claims its all about the shape and 'the look' would also be confessing that they got a semi on when they saw Roger Taylor in this

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Read fine to me. You mentioned mid teen girls. So I assumed 16+. Nothing illegal about that if they consent.

I had to look up the definition of pedophilia. Apparently it refers to girls under 13.
        Ah, I didn't know that.

In that case, No.

Presumably it refers to boys as well?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Ah, I didn't know that.

In that case, No.

Presumably it refers to boys as well?
          I thought paedophilia was pre-puberty, and adult activity with underage teenagers was pederasty.

But one doesn't hear that word much these days, and Google's "define pedarasty" says "sexual activity involving a man and a boy"

Also, the word "hebephilia" rang a faint bell, and sure enough Google results include "The DSM-5's diagnostic criteria for pedophilia and the general medical literature defines pedophilia as a disorder of primary or exclusive sexual interest in prepubescent children, thus excluding hebephilia from its definition of pedophilia."

According to Wikipedia, Hebephilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is 11 - 14 and there's even "ephebophilia" for adult activity with 15 - 19 year olds.

God, it's complicated!
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            God, it's complicated!
            the papers dont help
            that's why you get peadiatricians having bricks thrown through their windows and being chased down the street
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

And I've realised my post sounds like I've fallen foul of my other pet rant - suggesting the victim is partly responsible, because of what she chooses and is allowed or encouraged to wear.

To be clear - I'm suggesting that dressing girls sexually may result in men thinking about sex with girls.

Any man who then sexually abuses a girl is entirely responsible for his own actions.

I can't win an argument - even with myself.
              I know exactly what you are trying to say. The adults who should be responsible are at fault. You are correct. I hope the bit that I added helps.

Comment

I'm pretty sure if you ask most men if they fancy children they'd say no.

But plenty of other societies do marry off children.

I think, here, there is a big problem with the sexualisation of children (girls). My son was most amused the other day when I ranted "Why would you dress your 11 year old daughter as a prostitute and post the pictures on facebook?". Comments on said picture were "sexy, like her mama", which her mama had 'liked'. If we make girls look sexy, it's hardly surprising if men think about sex when they see them. Most models have the figures of 11 year olds.

The "legal now" headlines in tabloid press when Charlotte Church and Emma Watson turned 16 simply wouldn't have happened for Justin Bieber or Daniel Radcliffe.

We've got to let girls look and behave like kids.
                It shouldn't have happened regardless. What an abuse of media position indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  The construct of childhood is based upon an arbitrary age. Men are predisposed to finding the shape of a woman/girl attractive. Breasts, hips, fuller lips etc all of which come with puberty. Whereas I don't think there is a predisposition for pre-pubescent girls, men are programmed to look at pubescent girls and women.
                  WMFS.

This is probably the most reasoned answer to the main point.

Comment

I can certainly appreciate a pretty girl or young woman, but I find the idea of having sex with someone much younger than me, faintly repellent. Probably because sex is inextricably linked with relationship for me, and I can't imagine having any kind of genuinely emotionally intimate interaction with a woman under 30 or so.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It may be. Some relationships may also be loving rather than abusive and a few cases I recall show that children are not always unwilling victims.

However, given that very many might be abused and damaged, it still makes sense to have a law that prevents them being put in that position until most have the confidence to deal with it. Some children might make good soldiers but it is probably not a good idea to let them enlist.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X