• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buggers at passport office

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    You can blame Tony Blair for that.

Until five years or so ago, young nippers could travel on their parents' passport, but then the Labour Government (probably at the prompting of the EU) decreed that children needed their own passports.
    Changed in 1998. Time flies when you're getting old...

Comment

Until five years or so ago, young nippers could travel on their parents' passport, but then the Labour Government (probably at the prompting of the EU) decreed that children needed their own passports.
      Since October 1998 (so presumably travelling for up to 10 years subsequently), but I don't know. which government's policy it was. However, probably unreasonable to blame Tony Blair now. Don't you righties believe in taking personal responsibility rather than blaming others for your problems?
      Last edited by speling bee; 5 July 2014, 15:32.
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Until five years or so ago, young nippers could travel on their parents' passport, but then the Labour Government (probably at the prompting of the EU US) decreed that children needed their own passports.
        FTFY
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
          Any suggestions how I can sue this bastards?
          Small claims court and pray that they don't turn up.

Since the passport office guidelines say not to book travel until you have your travel documentation, I can't see any other way to get the taxpayer to pay for your foolishness.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Small claims court and pray that they don't turn up.

Since the passport office guidelines say not to book travel until you have your travel documentation, I can't see any other way to get the taxpayer to pay for your foolishness.
            +1. Booking a foreign holiday with small kids is not exactly a last minute thing to do (took my two little'uns for a week in the sun recently, the holiday was booked months ago) and travel documentation is the first thing to sort out. No point winging about something that is basically your own fault!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post

Any suggestions how I can sue this bastards?
              Dunno, but best of luck if you do. Whatever people say about 'you should have known about the delays' etc etc, this passport situation is a ******* disgrace.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Dunno, but best of luck if you do. Whatever people say about 'you should have known about the delays' etc etc, this passport situation is a ******* disgrace.

To be blunt from his first sentence he showed how much he screwed up.

As if he read the online documentation about applying for a passport the very first point it makes is:-

Don’t book travel until you have a valid passport - doing so is at your own risk.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  To be blunt from his first sentence he showed how much he screwed up.

As if he read the online documentation about applying for a passport the very first point it makes is:-
                  True, but some delays have now reached 5 months. FIVE F***ING MONTHS to deliver someone a little maroon book with a photo and a chip which could be done in about two hours last time I renewed eight years ago.

Absolutely bloody useless.

5 month passport delay could see man miss wedding of Swansea step-sister | South Wales Evening Post
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                    Since October 1998 (so presumably travelling for up to 10 years subsequently), but I don't know. which government's policy it was. However, probably unreasonable to blame Tony Blair now. Don't you righties believe in taking personal responsibility rather than blaming others for your problems?
                    there is never a bad time or reason to blame Tony Blair!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      True, but some delays have now reached 5 months. FIVE F***ING MONTHS to deliver someone a little maroon book with a photo and a chip.

Absolutely bloody useless.

5 month passport delay could see man miss wedding of Swansea step-sister | South Wales Evening Post
                      As I pointed out earlier though, you can still get a passport within a week if you book a face to face appointment at the passport office(s). It costs more but you get you passport on the day or within a week.

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X