• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buggers at passport office

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck with suing but I'm pretty sure the passport website has a notice about not booking your holiday until you have received your passport.

From what I've read it's down to cost saving and reducing staff. I think in this country we do some great things, really do, but there is a bloody issue with only thinking about the short term.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      As I pointed out earlier though, you can still get a passport within a week if you book a face to face appointment at the passport office(s). It costs more but you get you passport on the day or within a week.

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently
      You must book an appointment at a Passport Customer Service Centre if you’re in the UK and need a passport urgently, eg within a month. After the appointment, you can get your passport the same day or within a week.

Book an appointment

Call the Passport Adviceline to book an appointment at a Passport Customer Service Centre.

Your appointment may be up to 3 weeks from the day you book it.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Son booked it at Peterborough and got one within 4 days. Got his passport renewed on the spot. This was last week.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

As I pointed out earlier though, you can still get a passport within a week if you book a face to face appointment at the passport office(s). It costs more but you get you passport on the day or within a week.

Child passports it's a week - you can't get them on the same day.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

yeah its those tory cuts ....

But he told the BBC that the number of applications in the system had risen sharply in the recent weeks.

Ministers have apologised for delays, saying requests are at a 12-year high.

Unions have blamed the backlogs on staff cuts over the past four years.

Appearing before MPs last month, Mr Pugh said he had anticipated an increase in the agency's workload after it took over responsibility for applications from British citizens living abroad from the Foreign Office.

Jump media playerMedia player helpOut of media player. Press enter to return or tab to continue.
            Paul Pugh apologised when he gave evidence last month
            But he said that could not explain the scale in the demand for passport renewals this year, with nearly 400,000 more applications in the first five months of 2014 than over the corresponding period the previous year.

BBC News - Passport boss set to face fresh questions from MPs

would have never have happened under labour, they would ensure only rich people could go abroad
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Easier to blame the government

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                yeah its those tory cuts ....
                missing an "n" from the last word
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Used to be able to go into the Irish embassy in London without an appointment, drop off the passport and then pick it up a week later.

These days there's no passport office in cloggers, so had to go to the embassy, drop off the forms and got the passport back 3-4 weeks later. Thankfully they let me keep the old passport whilst the new one was being processed.
                  Mr N has said that they don't process passports for blight in cloggers anymore but it has to be sent back and you don't get to retain your old one while it's being processed.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

well back in the day the Post Office would issue a temporary 1 year passport.

then people started to strap bombs to themselves and it went a bit more official.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      well back in the day the Post Office would issue a temporary 1 year passport.

then people started to strap bombs to themselves and it went a bit more official.
                      Has this stopped them strapping bombs to themselves?
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X