• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone taking up the offer of a VAT deferment?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Returns are via Sage One. The payments are by card as I cancelled the DD to use Capital on Tap while it was a good thing and never reinstated it when the charges came in. I think if I went to DD now they'd simply not collect anything!
    I use DD both before and after MTD switchover. No issues.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Not me, I'd never have the balls to spend anything owed to the Gov so it doesn't really help with my cashflow.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        I use DD both before and after MTD switchover. No issues.
        My concern with switching back to DD is that I regularly see incorrect values owing, therefore the DD will take the wrong amount and I'll be found to be at fault. At the moment it's zeroed out but I suspect that will change when I submit my next return at the end of this month.

I only stopped paying by DD because HMRC didn't charge fees on the old Capital on Tap card and it was a really good way to get loads of Avios (which are now worthless, hey ho).

I'll revert back to DD after my financial year end when hopefully everything will be properly reconciled.

Comment

Advice I was given is not to defer unless you have a reason to. You aren't going to be making money on it so unless you need to drain every penny from the Ltd account (in which case you are in serious trouble) just get it done.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Rule 1 : don’t spend the tax money

Rule 2 : follow rule 1

Comment

I'm deferring for as long as possible and investing it all in Crypto. What could possibly go wrong? Scooter says so.....

And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
                Rule 1 : don’t spend the tax money

Rule 2 : follow rule 1
                Unless you have to. Like to put food in your family's mouths and keep a roof over their heads, not so you can make a mortgage payment on time.

Comment

I paid mine the day they announced it could be deferred but I would have paid it anyway.

I once paid VAT too early and had all sorts of strife from HMRC. They couldn’t see I had paid because it had gone into the wrong quarter and they couldn’t seem to marry up what I had paid and what I was due. They said I couldn’t get into their debt again for 12 months or I would have to pay a penalty despite me not being in debt.

I wouldn’t give them the excuse to chase me for anything now.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Unless you have to. Like to put food in your family's mouths and keep a roof over their heads, not so you can make a mortgage payment on time.
                    I seriously doubt spending the tax mans money is wise even in that situation... You are just adding problems on top of problems...

The correct course of action in that situation is to pay the tax and make a benefits claim.

Comment

How many weeks does it take to start getting benefits?

Comment

Working...
                      X