• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corona already impacting my business

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project manager: "Only come on site if you really want to"
    Business manager (funding the project): "Don't fly unless absolutely necessary"

Me:
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Project manager: "Only come on site if you really want to"
      Business manager (funding the project): "Don't fly unless absolutely necessary"

Me:
      I'd be mad at the latter. A Lady needs her tier points!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

The last flights I did, the booking agent forgot to switch to the codeshare, and booked me on the metal. No tier points, and only a couple of hundred avois.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The Bank I'm at just now are looking at what work can progress, what can continue and which contractors can be let go as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by ascender View Post
            The Bank I'm at just now are looking at what work can progress, what can continue and which contractors can be let go as a result.
            Always cost cutting - why do people even work with banks..
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Corona impacted my business on Monday morning. Felt like tulip all day. Too old for midday drinking before a work day now
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working and billing 7 days a week for the foreseeable future. It's a bit Berlin April 1945 TBH.

Comment

Corona already impacting my business

Anthony Constantinou says “Its true among all of the severe outbreak of coronavirus, odd effects on people and the economy, the work impact has been the most visible and drastic. Businesses have been messing up to reform adjustments they can make for keeping workers safe, contain the spread of virus and continue working.”

Comment

Originally posted by rossb2 View Post
                    Madness. All it needs is some hand sanitizer as people come in. Even that is too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                    This aged well
                    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Genuinely hope they carry my BA Gold over into 2021, no chance of keeping it with all these flights cancelled!
                      https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Working...
                      X