• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency online timesheet/self-billing - hate them

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency online timesheet/self-billing - hate them

Am I the only one who'd rather just do it themselves?

Current agencies online timesheet system is awful. Huge company and its just a complete mess to be honest.

Got an issue with timesheet this week. Only way to get help with this is via a helpdesk number - you guessed it, premium rate.
    Spent 10 mins (40p/min from mobile apparently) and gave up.

Nice bit of income generation by agency.

This particular agency also deal with admin staff who don't get paid so well and, for whom, each weeks paycheck is important. I can imagine they'd have an issue with spending money to get it sorted. If your getting minimum wage you dont want to spend £5-£10 on phone calls making sure you get paid.

I can't be arsed to wait on hold for days so have emailed my contact at agency now and asked them nicely to get it sorted.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Current agencies online timesheet system is awful. Huge company and its just a complete mess to be honest.

Got an issue with timesheet this week. Only way to get help with this is via a helpdesk number - you guessed it, premium rate.
    Spent 10 mins (40p/min from mobile apparently) and gave up.

Nice bit of income generation by agency.

This particular agency also deal with admin staff who don't get paid so well and, for whom, each weeks paycheck is important. I can imagine they'd have an issue with spending money to get it sorted. If your getting minimum wage you dont want to spend £5-£10 on phone calls making sure you get paid.

I can't be arsed to wait on hold for days so have emailed my contact at agency now and asked them nicely to get it sorted.
    Typical user.....you can't work a timesheet electronically so you want to go backwards instead of following instructions

I love electronic timesheets and self billing - means I have to do less for more

The best thing about it is at the end of any contract, you get an immediate confirmation from the client that they have signed the timesheet so there can be no sneaky business from the agent about it.

Comment

Is there anything you don't hate?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        Is there anything you don't hate?
        Job Seekers Allowance, apparently.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          Job Seekers Allowance, apparently.
          Love JSA and especially free money off you lot of mugs.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
            Typical user.....you can't work a timesheet electronically so you want to go backwards instead of following instructions

I love electronic timesheets and self billing - means I have to do less for more

The best thing about it is at the end of any contract, you get an immediate confirmation from the client that they have signed the timesheet so there can be no sneaky business from the agent about it.
            Yeh if it works. This particular agencies one is crap.

Comment

I don't mind online timesheets.

Self-bill is a different argument though. It creates more work for me WRT waiting for an invoice to be sent to me via email then ensuring all the details are correct. Not much I admit, but still i'd rather be worrying about something else.
              Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
                I don't mind online timesheets.

Self-bill is a different argument though. It creates more work for me WRT waiting for an invoice to be sent to me via email then ensuring all the details are correct. Not much I admit, but still i'd rather be worrying about something else.
                It cannot be any more work than checking your own invoices can it? You do check your own invoices....?

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

So don't use their system for generating invoices, they can't force you to do it.

I'm not sure how doing your own invoices gets you away from completing a timesheet in the required format though.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    So don't use their system for generating invoices, they can't force you to do it.

I'm not sure how doing your own invoices gets you away from completing a timesheet in the required format though.
                    WTFS. Just say no.

Also nothing to stop you produce your own paper timesheets for sign off by a manager on site. In addition to the agency/client's electronic timsheet that is. I've done this and client has always been happy to oblige.
                    Last edited by Contreras; 27 May 2014, 16:32.

Comment

Working...
                    X