• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Agency online timesheet/self-billing - hate them"

Collapse

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Love JSA and especially free money off you lot of mugs.
    Negotiate with your client to see if you can queue up at their offices every two weeks to sign your timesheet and invoice. You may feel more comfortable with that approach.

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    It cannot be any more work than checking your own invoices can it? You do check your own invoices....?
    Yes, I generate my own invoice in the accounting software that I use (Free agent). I check it beforehand.

Then I have to wait almost 1 week (in a non-blocking fashion) for the self bill invoice, and check that the dates and figures match those of the invoice I previously entered.

Then I have to spend my time on F.CUK moaning about how much I hate self bill invoices.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Hallett
    replied
    Am I the only one who'd rather just do it themselves?

Current agencies online timesheet system is awful. Huge company and its just a complete mess to be honest.

Got an issue with timesheet this week. Only way to get help with this is via a helpdesk number - you guessed it, premium rate.
    Spent 10 mins (40p/min from mobile apparently)
    and gave up.

Nice bit of income generation by agency.

This particular agency also deal with admin staff who don't get paid so well and, for whom, each weeks paycheck is important. I can imagine they'd have an issue with spending money to get it sorted. If your getting minimum wage you dont want to spend £5-£10 on phone calls making sure you get paid.

I can't be arsed to wait on hold for days so have emailed my contact at agency now and asked them nicely to get it sorted.
    Cracking idea, many thanks

Leave a comment:

• Contreras
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    So don't use their system for generating invoices, they can't force you to do it.

I'm not sure how doing your own invoices gets you away from completing a timesheet in the required format though.
    WTFS. Just say no.

Also nothing to stop you produce your own paper timesheets for sign off by a manager on site. In addition to the agency/client's electronic timsheet that is. I've done this and client has always been happy to oblige.
    Last edited by Contreras; 27 May 2014, 16:32.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied

Current agencies online timesheet system is awful. Huge company and its just a complete mess to be honest.
    So don't use their system for generating invoices, they can't force you to do it.

I'm not sure how doing your own invoices gets you away from completing a timesheet in the required format though.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
    I don't mind online timesheets.

Self-bill is a different argument though. It creates more work for me WRT waiting for an invoice to be sent to me via email then ensuring all the details are correct. Not much I admit, but still i'd rather be worrying about something else.
    It cannot be any more work than checking your own invoices can it? You do check your own invoices....?

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    I don't mind online timesheets.

Self-bill is a different argument though. It creates more work for me WRT waiting for an invoice to be sent to me via email then ensuring all the details are correct. Not much I admit, but still i'd rather be worrying about something else.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Typical user.....you can't work a timesheet electronically so you want to go backwards instead of following instructions

I love electronic timesheets and self billing - means I have to do less for more

The best thing about it is at the end of any contract, you get an immediate confirmation from the client that they have signed the timesheet so there can be no sneaky business from the agent about it.
    Yeh if it works. This particular agencies one is crap.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Job Seekers Allowance, apparently.
    Love JSA and especially free money off you lot of mugs.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Is there anything you don't hate?
    Job Seekers Allowance, apparently.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Is there anything you don't hate?

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Got an issue with timesheet this week. Only way to get help with this is via a helpdesk number - you guessed it, premium rate.
    Spent 10 mins (40p/min from mobile apparently) and gave up.

This particular agency also deal with admin staff who don't get paid so well and, for whom, each weeks paycheck is important. I can imagine they'd have an issue with spending money to get it sorted. If your getting minimum wage you dont want to spend £5-£10 on phone calls making sure you get paid.

I can't be arsed to wait on hold for days so have emailed my contact at agency now and asked them nicely to get it sorted.
    Typical user.....you can't work a timesheet electronically so you want to go backwards instead of following instructions

I love electronic timesheets and self billing - means I have to do less for more

The best thing about it is at the end of any contract, you get an immediate confirmation from the client that they have signed the timesheet so there can be no sneaky business from the agent about it.

Leave a comment:

• Agency online timesheet/self-billing - hate them

Spent 10 mins (40p/min from mobile apparently) and gave up.

Working...
X