• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency online timesheet/self-billing - hate them

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Am I the only one who'd rather just do it themselves?

Current agencies online timesheet system is awful. Huge company and its just a complete mess to be honest.

Got an issue with timesheet this week. Only way to get help with this is via a helpdesk number - you guessed it, premium rate.
    Spent 10 mins (40p/min from mobile apparently)
    and gave up.

Nice bit of income generation by agency.

This particular agency also deal with admin staff who don't get paid so well and, for whom, each weeks paycheck is important. I can imagine they'd have an issue with spending money to get it sorted. If your getting minimum wage you dont want to spend £5-£10 on phone calls making sure you get paid.

I can't be arsed to wait on hold for days so have emailed my contact at agency now and asked them nicely to get it sorted.
    Cracking idea, many thanks
    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
      It cannot be any more work than checking your own invoices can it? You do check your own invoices....?
      Yes, I generate my own invoice in the accounting software that I use (Free agent). I check it beforehand.

Then I have to wait almost 1 week (in a non-blocking fashion) for the self bill invoice, and check that the dates and figures match those of the invoice I previously entered.

Then I have to spend my time on F.CUK moaning about how much I hate self bill invoices.

Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Love JSA and especially free money off you lot of mugs.
        Negotiate with your client to see if you can queue up at their offices every two weeks to sign your timesheet and invoice. You may feel more comfortable with that approach.
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Working...
        X