• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Large Scottish bank

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    In the 1930s to get out of depression the country built infrastructure. This time round to avoid depression it gave money to the bankers.

Any other industry that behaved the way bankers did up to 2008 would have gone to the wall. But they are "too big to fail" so have to have printed money to bail them out.

Its a disgrace.
    Don't worry - I heard the government are going to get a load of money in soon from tax evaders who've been dodging them for years, so they can afford it.
    Last edited by Ticktock; 24 April 2014, 15:11.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      In the 1930s to get out of depression the country built infrastructure. This time round to avoid depression it gave money to the bankers.

Any other industry that behaved the way bankers did up to 2008 would have gone to the wall. But they are "too big to fail" so have to have printed money to bail them out.

Its a disgrace.
      Although FDR's new deal prolonged the depression. 2008 was probably dumberer though.

Comment

out of the 88% who have accepted some will have done for the right reasons and i respect that but the majority have simply undervalued themselves and driven the rate down. Some folk just dont behave lile contractors at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Pity the fool View Post
          out of the 88% who have accepted some will have done for the right reasons and i respect that but the majority have simply undervalued themselves and driven the rate down. Some folk just dont behave lile contractors at all.
          Hopefully most are just staying until they can find somewhere else and will then walk.
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by Underscore Pt2 View Post
            Nope according to my agent pal only 12% said no... people continue to surprise me and not in a good way.
            Any percentage quoted by an agent needs to be run through the bulltulip detector ........ one moment please ....... hmmmm that's popped out at a nice fat 30%

Comment

Getting canned to help your fellow contractors sounds far too altruistic for a contractor.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                Hopefully most are just staying until they can find somewhere else and will then walk.
                That seems to be the consensus in my area.... More would have said no but couldn't get another gig organised in time.

Its going to be an interesting next few weeks.
                Last edited by ascender; 24 April 2014, 19:11.

Comment

Very clever or ?

Not all contractors have received the email yet. In my area two got it last week and the rest of us are waiting for the inevitable. Question is, is this a clever ploy to prevent a coordinated response (as per another big bank which lost a whole team when they all chose to walk) or is it the usual screw-up proving that they can't even organise a rate cut?

Comment

Originally posted by ascender View Post
                    That seems to be the consensus in my area.... More would have said no but couldn't get another gig organised in time.

Its going to be an interesting next few weeks.
                    Perhaps, but who is rubbing their hands with glee this evening i wonder?

RBS contractors have four to days accept 10% pay cut, or quit - eFinancialCareers

Originally posted by One IT contractor
                    One IT contractor affected by the latest rate cut tells us that he accepted a lower rate in return for a longer contract: “What hurts is I took this contract at a reduced rate in the first place on the pretext that it was a one year assignment. Now, after three months, this rate cut is imposed.”
                    Contractor indeed - theres a disguised employee if ever there was one.

Comment

Perhaps, but who is rubbing their hands with glee this evening i wonder?

RBS contractors have four to days accept 10% pay cut, or quit - eFinancialCareers

Contractor indeed - theres a disguised employee if ever there was one.
                      When I was there the place was full of Perma-tractors

Comment

Working...
                      X