• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Large Scottish bank

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Underscore Pt2 View Post
    Done already. But im happy to walk. The place will be closed down in 10 years.
    You've got to be kidding. The money will be printed to keep it afloat.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
      Well, I simply asked if they could give me a brief overview of the project and what role they were looking to fill on it, just to make sure we were correctly aligned (we'd already covered the "technical interview" over the phone the previous day.)

Mr RBS PM Plonker very agressively and rudely responded that he wasn't prepared to discuss the project until he was good and ready and that if I didn't like that approach he could end the interview right now!

I simply stood up, put my coat on, explained that I didn't work with people like him and then left the building. Life is just too short.
      Wow. I would have done the same.
      I probably would have also come out with some kind of insult about his time obviously being worth less than mine as he's happy to waste it, or something, and sounded like a retard though

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
        Wow. I would have done the same.
        I probably would have also come out with some kind of insult about his time obviously being worth less than mine as he's happy to waste it, or something, and sounded like a retard though
        Best to just thank him for his kind offer of leaving immediately, and do so, politely. He's expecting people to either meekly accept his position so he can be reminded he's in charge, or get angry so he can feel smug about having provoked that anger. Taking his stupid offer at face value just makes him feel a bit of a disempowered tit.

"If you don't my approach you can end this interview immediately!!"

"Oh! Thank you very much! Do I just hand my visitor pass back at the front desk?"

Comment

Nice One

Originally posted by riffpie View Post
          Best to just thank him for his kind offer of leaving immediately, and do so, politely. He's expecting people to either meekly accept his position so he can be reminded he's in charge, or get angry so he can feel smug about having provoked that anger. Taking his stupid offer at face value just makes him feel a bit of a disempowered tit.

"If you don't my approach you can end this interview immediately!!"

"Oh! Thank you very much! Do I just hand my visitor pass back at the front desk?"
          The story of the 60 second interview is a classic and the face value approach is superb

Comment

Wonder what the scores on the doors are now deadline has past.

Comment

12% chucked it... the rest are now looking for new contracts. Projects told to make use of the off shore resources. They really are without clue.

Comment

12% chucked it... the rest are now looking for new contracts. Projects told to make use of the off shore resources. They really are without clue.
                As in only 12% accepted the rate cut?

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalUser View Post
                  As in only 12% accepted the rate cut?
                  Nope according to my agent pal only 12% said no... people continue to surprise me and not in a good way.

Comment

Nope according to my agent pal only 12% said no... people continue to surprise me and not in a good way.
                    I can see why people would meekly accept the rate cut given that the media devotes 90% of it's non-celebrity-obsessed efforts to convincing the country we're all going to die of starvation because of "the bankers", but god that's depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by riffpie View Post
                      I can see why people would meekly accept the rate cut given that the media devotes 90% of it's non-celebrity-obsessed efforts to convincing the country we're all going to die of starvation because of "the bankers", but god that's depressing.
                      In the 1930s to get out of depression the country built infrastructure. This time round to avoid depression it gave money to the bankers.

Any other industry that behaved the way bankers did up to 2008 would have gone to the wall. But they are "too big to fail" so have to have printed money to bail them out.

Its a disgrace.

Comment

Working...
                      X