• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hays payments terms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    I've never had a problem with their payments and have been in several contracts with them over the past 14 years.
    Like I said it seems like payment is never an issue. I'm hoping its just a bad experience with particular Hays office/agent to be honest.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Anyone had this with Hays? Agreed terms of business and schedule and now 2 days to go they say we'll sort contract. WTF I thought it was all agreed.

They're excuse - its our computer system. We can't do contract until all the passport checks etc are done.

Sounds like bollacks excuse to me to make sure contractor can't ask for contract amendment at the last minute. Never again if I can help it.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Anyone had this with Hays? Agreed terms of business and schedule and now 2 days to go they say we'll sort contract. WTF I thought it was all agreed.

They're excuse - its our computer system. We can't do contract until all the passport checks etc are done.

Sounds like bollacks excuse to me to make sure contractor can't ask for contract amendment at the last minute. Never again if I can help it.
        It's process, might be right or wrong but who cares. Just deal with it in silence FFS.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm with Hays and they never asked for my passport...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Really? They moaned big time about this. Weren't happy with the scan at first then said I was supposed to come in to the office with it.

Not quite sure how they cope with gigs and contractors the other side of the country.

Comment

Really? They moaned big time about this. Weren't happy with the scan at first then said I was supposed to come in to the office with it.

Not quite sure how they cope with gigs and contractors the other side of the country.
              They either take a managed risk or ask for a certified copy. Jesus.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                They either take a managed risk or ask for a certified copy. Jesus.
                Or get you to take it to the client, and get the client to verify it.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I had to take my passport to Hays (nearest office was about 10 miles away)

If they've already seen your passport previously, then no need to do it.
                  Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

You make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Others have told you to either:
                    1. Go into their nearest office, or,
                    2. Send them a certified copy, or,
                    3. Get the client to verify it.

Now offer Hays one of those choices and stop coming on here and moaning. You aren't a new contractor FFS so you should be able to think of ways that are acceptable to deal with situations like this.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Agency procedures can change within a month.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X