• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hays payments terms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Perhaps a little unfair for me to not explain....

cons
    - Their contract documents were sent incorrectly a couple of times
    - contracts are not ir35 friendly
    - The client I worked through them for was the worst I have ever worked for
    - Agent forwards you onto other departments rather than seeking to sort the issue out him/herself

pros
    - Pay on time
    I agree with this.

They are more a temping agency really for low paid contracts with clueless people working there.
    I don't touch them anymore unless I was really desperate.

I actually bounced back one of their emails yesterday asking them to take me off their books but of course that never happens. On the plus side the role did actually match my skill set though which is better than most of the drivel I get along the lines of "I have a job - give me a ring" standard.

In short you are better off really not using them but if you are and you are happy then I would suggest at the very least getting your contract checked - which is something that you should really be doing anyway. Seven years of perceived unpaid taxes can mount up to a pretty penny.

Comment

Originally posted by worzelGummidge View Post
      I agree with this.

They are more a temping agency really for low paid contracts with clueless people working there.
      I don't touch them anymore unless I was really desperate.

I actually bounced back one of their emails yesterday asking them to take me off their books but of course that never happens. On the plus side the role did actually match my skill set though which is better than most of the drivel I get along the lines of "I have a job - give me a ring" standard.

In short you are better off really not using them but if you are and you are happy then I would suggest at the very least getting your contract checked - which is something that you should really be doing anyway. Seven years of perceived unpaid taxes can mount up to a pretty penny.
      How come this is allowed in the professional forums but trolling and calling people ******* morons isn't?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        How come this is allowed in the professional forums but trolling and calling people ******* morons isn't?
        Because I did not call anyone a moron. I just highlighted my experience. Yours may be different.

Comment

Originally posted by worzelGummidge View Post
          Because I did not call anyone a moron. I just highlighted my experience. Yours may be different.
          No you didn't. You made a ridiculous and incorrect blanket statement about their business/operating model.

At least when I call someone a moron I tend to be technically correct.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post
            I don't think Hays 'expect' an invoice at all...what are you on about?

They provide 'selfbill' weekly and pay weekly...
            Ditto when I worked for them
            Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
              Perhaps a little unfair for me to not explain....

cons
              - Their contract documents were sent incorrectly a couple of times
              - contracts are not ir35 friendly
              - The client I worked through them for was the worst I have ever worked for
              - Agent forwards you onto other departments rather than seeking to sort the issue out him/herself

pros
              - Pay on time
              Interesting. Just had a disagreement with agent whos getting arsey because I insist on seeing the contract. Reckons theres no need to get contract reviewed because Hays are the best in the business.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Interesting. Just had a disagreement with agent whos getting arsey because I insist on seeing the contract. Reckons theres no need to get contract reviewed because Hays are the best in the business.
                They have changed. It was the case awhile ago but there were some threads on this before and they seem to be ok now.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ha...sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  They have changed. It was the case awhile ago but there were some threads on this before and they seem to be ok now.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ha...sm=93&ie=UTF-8
                  thanks found a good link there. See you're not all bad. Pint I owe you.

Comment

Just realised as well. The email he sent me mentions notice period of one week in 1st month, one month after etc. Without getting into the notice period argument.

But, it doesn't say whether its notice they can give or both parties. I'm betting its only them who can give notice and they're being deliberately vague here. Of course, too late when I agree to contract, hand in my notice and then see this the day before I start (if I ever see if before I start).

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      thanks found a good link there. See you're not all bad. Pint I owe you.
                      Not wanting to appear tight or anything but you owe me on from 12 March 2011 and one from 9th Feb 2013 as well... Not like I am counting or anything

Comment

Working...
                      X