• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Slow Market?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    To what - not testing? Genuinely interested as I'm a Test Manager.
    There seems to be a pattern emerging whereas teams have leads who feed into whoever is designated I.T. Manager rather than having a Test Manager in general. I went to the most recent London Test Gathering and spoke with other tester's who confirm that was how their organisation's had now been structured.

In my current gig they've recently restructured the whole of I.T. and the 4 test managers and Head of Testing are now in the process of transitioning to new roles within the company.
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Agile tends to not need Test Managers (although this does leave no one in charge of overall standards, but that is another conversation).

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
        There seems to be a pattern emerging whereas teams have leads who feed into whoever is designated I.T. Manager rather than having a Test Manager in general. I went to the most recent London Test Gathering and spoke with other tester's who confirm that was how their organisation's had now been structured.

In my current gig they've recently restructured the whole of I.T. and the 4 test managers and Head of Testing are now in the process of transitioning to new roles within the company.
        +1 Have to say the same applies at my current client co, the traditional PM/TM is no more.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
          Agile tends to not need Test Managers (although this does leave no one in charge of overall standards, but that is another conversation).
          Agreed it puts more emphasis on testers within the stream which can be both a good and a bad thing, it then comes down to the quality of people that you hire on how things are driven forward.
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

The rates are as low as 160 quid for UAT lead. And surprisingly there are people ready to accept. This one is for some company in Brentford. Must be outsourced again

Comment

Originally posted by spb View Post
              The rates are as low as 160 quid for UAT lead. And surprisingly there are people ready to accept. This one is for some company in Brentford. Must be outsourced again
              That's shocking you can't buy much quality with that
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                That's shocking you can't buy much quality with that
                This is just my two pence. As a test manager, you may want to diversify your expertise. Have you look into Dev Ops or Web Ops (Developer / Operations - Web / Operations )? Or perhaps you can get more into the business as Business Analyst (BA in Test)?

Comment

Working...
                X