• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rotherham

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotherham

Hello everyone,

Does anyone here know the Rotherham area? I'm starting on a new contract there in January (fixed term) . Actually it's Mexborough but that, from my understanding, is part of Rotherham.

What I'm really after is a sleepy little rural community ( but one that lives in the 21Century!) from which I can commute on my bicycle. Good public transport links are essential for wet weather days and I want easy access to a gym (working on the old pecs!).

Some shops nearby where I could stock up on provisions would be good as would a nearby cinema (orange Wednesdays anyone?).

Ideally I'd like to rent somewhere but I don't want to go through a letting agent and have to sign up for 6 months. On the other hand I want more than a single room with shared bathroom and kitchen. I want bedroom, kitchen (or a shared kitchen with a dedicated time slot) and my own bathroom.

If anybody has any suggestions I would be most grateful. You won't believe how hard it is to find accommodation that suits my needs these days.

Rotherham is an absolute tuliphole beyond compare....

Comment

WSS

+1

Comment

fixed term contract is not a CONTRACT.

congrats on your new job though.!

Comment

Originally posted by Bagnando Con Pietro View Post
          Hello everyone,

Does anyone here know the Rotherham area? I'm starting on a new contract there in January (fixed term) . Actually it's Mexborough but that, from my understanding, is part of Rotherham.
          So not really contracting then
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I have to disagree with the following two posters, Mexborough shows how low Rotherham could sink.

I'm sure there are plenty of properties where you could have exclusive use of the brick outbuilding at the bottom of the garden. Many properties have only recently upgraded from a tin bath in front of the fire. Your own kitchen is a pipedream.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Rotherham is an absolute tuliphole beyond compare....
              What he said. It's an abysmal place.

There aren't even any reasonably nice places within easy commuting distance.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I got a room here for £35 a night and drove into Rotherham (20-25 mins). Mexborough is closer though.

Wortley Hall

Grounds are beautiful and the beer is as cheap as you like.
                Blood in your poo

Comment

When I aay 221C I mean gay friendly security settinggs thankyo

Comment

Originally posted by Bagnando Con Pietro View Post
                    When I aay 221C I mean gay friendly security settinggs thankyo
                    There are no gays in Yorkshire, Lad.

Comment

Working...
                    X