• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Disclosure Scotland - is this transferable?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disclosure Scotland - is this transferable?

Having taken a contract with a bank I've undergone screening as part of the on-boarding process. Having had to pay £25 for the Basic Disclosure carried out by Disclosure Scotland, does anyone know if this is transferable to another financial organisation or does one have to undergo the check once again?
    "Hope your doing fine". My favourite opening line in emails from certain agencies! Not only the fact they can't spell, but who actually says that?

Originally posted by andyg View Post
    Having taken a contract with a bank I've undergone screening as part of the on-boarding process. Having had to pay £25 for the Basic Disclosure carried out by Disclosure Scotland, does anyone know if this is transferable to another financial organisation or does one have to undergo the check once again?
    Ask the new financial organisation how recent the Disclosure Scotland form has to be?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by andyg View Post
      This help?

http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/...RANSGENDER.pdf
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Fairly sure it doesn't - I've had the NI one too, forgot it's name, Access/NI ISTR or summert, same thing though. Needed it for an SC role in Wales - they wouldn't accept the Scotland one I had.

Comment

Two years ago a friend who is a teaching assistant.

She works in three different schools in the Aberdeenshire Council area, she is part time.

She needed three different disclosure Scotland tickets for each of the three schools and that was one employer.

Comment

I once asked about this and was told that the disclosure is only valid for the particular point in time when its made. So if you need a disclosure for the following day/week/month/year then a new one is needed.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

How does this end up an expense of the contractor?

Just been asked to do this. It seems that it provides no benefit to the contractor, and is part of risk management for the client.

When did it become normal practice to transfer the cost to the service provider / contractor?

Comment

Originally posted by financial analyst View Post
                Just been asked to do this. It seems that it provides no benefit to the contractor, and is part of risk management for the client.

When did it become normal practice to transfer the cost to the service provider / contractor?
                I don't think it is. We would expect the client to arrange (and pay) or we'd do it ourselves and wear the cost.

Small or big agency?
                https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
                  I don't think it is. We would expect the client to arrange (and pay) or we'd do it ourselves and wear the cost.

Small or big agency?
                  Sounds like you are contracted to an agency in the chain run by some master agent (who is responsible under their contract with the client for obtaining disclosure) and they are asking your agency to stump up who, in turn, are passing the cost on to you.

It seems like something that should be prevented by the Employment Agency Regulations but probably (because they were drafted by idiots to satisfy political idiots) is not.

Attached to your post Andy because you may have more to say on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post

Small or big agency?
                    Crapita do it all the time

Mechanical Permit Officer - Seascale Cumbria - September-25-2013 (DDaK4) is the first example I found on jobserve

and I know the extra r comes from Private Eye but every time I deal with them I remember why they require it.....
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X