• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting companies to sign timesheets.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting companies to sign timesheets.

Hi,

I have searched around the boards and can't find anything that fits my situation. I have a company that refuses to speak to anyone, myself or the agency that I have been engaged by, about unsigned timesheets. It has been a while since they should have been signed. The end client won't answer emails, return phone calls or reply to physical postings. The agency themselves have been very helpful in trying to get the end client to sign the timesheets. I am an opt out contractor which seems to be glossed over in a lot of the pages I have read. I went to the end client through the agency. Is there anything I can do to get the timesheets authorised and payments made?

Mark.

The fact the agency seems to not want to help here would indicate they have been paid. Ask them the question upfront, by mail or letter so you have the evidence. Have they been paid for your time and is it the agent that is refusing to pay you?

I would have thought if the client owed the agency money they would be all over it like a rash.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Are you still on client site and not getting paid, or is this a previous engagement?

If you're still on site then you basically tell the client that you won't be tomorrow unless the timesheets get signed.

If you've now left then you need to ask the agency directly if they have been paid for work done. If they have then they should pay you irrespective of opt in / out. If they haven't, then start to pull together any other evidence you can to show that you did the work.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        The fact the agency seems to not want to help here would indicate they have been paid. Ask them the question upfront, by mail or letter so you have the evidence. Have they been paid for your time and is it the agent that is refusing to pay you?

I would have thought if the client owed the agency money they would be all over it like a rash.
        The agency themselves have been very helpful
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SarahL2012 View Post
          Are you still on client site and not getting paid, or is this a previous engagement?

If you're still on site then you basically tell the client that you won't be tomorrow unless the timesheets get signed.

If you've now left then you need to ask the agency directly if they have been paid for work done. If they have then they should pay you irrespective of opt in / out. If they haven't, then start to pull together any other evidence you can to show that you did the work.
          I've always thought that. If you cant even get client to sign then its gonna be a long hard road to get paid surely? Opt out makes no odds then.....
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

As helpful as the agency have been, you need to get them to put pressure on the client. Failing that, turn up at the client site and refuse to leave until they are signed
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              The agency themselves have been very helpful
              That means diddly squat and NLUK's post still applies.

If they haven't been getting annoyed as much as the OP has they might well have been paid and are going 'aw diddums' just to keep him quiet.

If I were the OP I would 'regrettfully' start dunning against the agent and see how fast their attitude changes...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                That means diddly squat and NLUK's post still applies.

If they haven't been getting annoyed as much as the OP has they might well have been paid and are going 'aw diddums' just to keep him quiet.

If I were the OP I would 'regrettfully' start dunning against the agent and see how fast their attitude changes...
                Assuming that the contract has a standard disclaimer that they will only accept invoices once the client has signed the timesheet, is there even a debt at this point to be able to chase?

Has the OP invoiced yet, or are they waiting for a signed timesheet? I'd get the invoice in anyway, and then be prepared to argue it, but at the moment, there probably isn't even a debt to be able to chase.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I had considered that, but the 2 people I have spoke with seem sincere enough. They have said that they don't get paid until the timesheets are signed.

I considered camping on the doorstep, but want to make sure I have exhausted other options. I was working remotely and it is a bit of a trek to get out there.

The invoices get a bit complicated. Basically I am with an umbrella company, Parasol. They have invoiced to the agency in question. I don't know if the agency has invoiced across to the client. I doubt it as they are waiting for the timesheets to be signed.

I could understand if the end client had said outright that they aren't going to sign. They just won't answer emails, are busy when I or anyone else calls for them. They haven't said anything.

The reason I bring up the opt in/out thing is that I read I can prove the work has been done with opt in I can claim without the timesheets. For opt out I can't find a clear answer. The work, in this case a website, has been completed. They effectively took delivery of it, made a few changes and then nothing.

Comment

We get these situations. 9 out of 10 times the client is trying to screw over agency, and therefore contractor depending on regs status.
                    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Working...
                    X