• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

positive spin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I don't see why. It is well documented on here not to provide a client as a reference and an agent is going to do no more than qualify the dates the contractor worked.
    I was reffering to the post interview stage where the client want to offer you a contract, not the skull-duggery "i just need two references" bs.

I find that is usually down to the descretion of the client you are trying to get a gig at. Out of my last 5 contracts only this current one really needed a past reference.

If they request it, a good reference from your previous manager sometimes can improve your chances greatly against the competition.

Not having a reference from previous contract may not be a deal breaker in a majority of offers but it might be for that contract you really wanted.

Good luck anyway to the OP, it has/will happen to us all at some stage.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Lying to cover it up is the worst thing you can do. A lie can be unravelled. Don't say anything and you haven't lied.
      Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practise to devceive.

Make your life easier, don't lie.

Grovelling is for permies.
      Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

The contract finished early, this happens all the time.

As many others have said, be upfront that the structure changed and now you are available.
        https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
          Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practise to devceive.
          nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
            Oh fvcc! Bvtterfingers!
            Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
              Oh fvcc! Bvtterfingers!
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
              X