• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dealing with arsey people!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please translate your post into English

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
    Most people now days [sic] hide behind emails. They don't have the balls to get tulipty [sic] face to face. Next time you get an email, pick up the phone to him or even better go and see him to discuss his response. Most email shiftiness is weak people or mis [sic] interpreted
    What does "[Most people] don't have the balls to get tulipty [sic] face to face." mean in the English language?

Comment

Originally posted by helpFul View Post
      tulipty [sic] face to face." mean in the English language?
      its some sort of swear filter + replace on this forum.

see if you can guess what is being replaced...

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        And I certainly try to also. Because I can't be arsed. Not interested at all in making myself look good.

And yes, got to keep the permies happy...

But pisses me off when a fellow contractor plays the game and tries to make themselves look good in front of client to others detriment. Unfortunately, the bob variety seem very anxious to ensure they look good and to be fair, they are very good at it - better than me.

But its different being a contractor. Client generally does not want to hear the whinging about others.
        You aren't just making yourself look good but you are making others look good too.
        I get the troublemakers involved and the games go away.

I have very high expectations and I have gotten the most surly curmudgeon on board. It takes a bit of psychology on them.

People want leaders not whinging crybabies.

Get the troublemaker on your side. Ask them for assistance with something. Assign them something important.

I have turned teams around from knuckle dragging sloths to motivated superstars. When I leave, at least one person has gotten a promotion and the entire team has been recognized by upper brass.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
          its some sort of swear filter + replace on this forum.

see if you can guess what is being replaced...
          Dear [sic].

Sorry I couldn't make it in today as I am [sic].
          Hopefully tomorrow I will be less [sic]

[sic] truly,

[sic]

Comment

Originally posted by snarfblat View Post
            You aren't just making yourself look good but you are making others look good too.
            I get the troublemakers involved and the games go away.

I have very high expectations and I have gotten the most surly curmudgeon on board. It takes a bit of psychology on them.

People want leaders not whinging crybabies.

Get the troublemaker on your side. Ask them for assistance with something. Assign them something important.

I have turned teams around from knuckle dragging sloths to motivated superstars. When I leave, at least one person has gotten a promotion and the entire team has been recognized by upper brass.
            Presumably the person that fired you?

Only joking, admirable sentiments indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
              Presumably the person that fired you?

Only joking, admirable sentiments indeed.
              lol no, I always fire myself at the end. They wanted me to stay on perm and I just said no thank you.

Comment

I shall be stealing these lines to go on my CV in the part where I talk about being a highly motivated team player.

Comment

Dear [sic].

Sorry I couldn't make it in today as I am [sic].
                  Hopefully tomorrow I will be less [sic]

[sic] truly,

[sic]
                  Can I see your sic[note].
                  nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
                  X