• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is the latest: Working in Germany 2012

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the latest: Working in Germany 2012

Originally posted by gibbsville View Post
    If you can't keep up get yourself up to scratch on reading at a slightly quicker speed and don't get too hung up on the punctuation it makes you out as a bit pedantic which I am sure your not
    And your posts make you appear a bit illiterate.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by gibbsville View Post
      it will be your kahunas on the line if it goes sourkraut up ..
      Kahuna is a Hawaiian word, defined in the Pukui & Elbert (1986) as a "priest, sorcerer, magician, wizard, minister, expert in any profession".
      Cojones (Spanish pronunciation: [koˈxones]) is a vulgar Spanish word for testicles.
      </pedant>
      Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Lots of clever peeps on here i cannot compete...way too intelligent for me ..to the OP take a look at the previous threads on tax and Germany and make your own choice but do try and be as correct as possible with your spelling and grammar or you will be told off by the uber intelligent peeps who check these boards on a regular basis for spelling and grammar ..

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
          </pedant>
          But Urban Dictionary which is the root of all says...

Kahuna's - testicle's, balls, nuts, guts

I don't have the Kahuna's to try that stunt.
          Did you see him do that 1/2 gainer from 40' ? Wish I had the Kahuna's to try that!
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            But Urban Dictionary which is the root of all says...
            Wikipedia tells you the meaning. UD tells you how people use it, even if they're wrong.

</pedant with head up arse>
            Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
              Wikipedia tells you the meaning. UD tells you how people use it, even if they're wrong.

</pedant with head up arse>
              Lets do Hot Lunch and discuss it?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                I can't think of a decent sized western European country where this is not the case.

Even in "low" tax Switzerland they ensure contractors/freelancers pay their tax.
                You got that right there is no escape here, as a foreign worker you're subject to withholding tax at source whereas the locals submit a tax return. I was told I could submit a tax return to see if I could claim back certain expenses but overall I was advised against it as 90% end up paying more to the taxman here.
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                X