• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is the latest: Working in Germany 2012

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stayaway View Post
    It all started with the scheme from ITS and MM - I gave it up years ago - the accounts they question are ones that were fully declared in Germany - nothing wrong at all.
    The way they treat contractors who used schemes such as those from ITS is crazy.
    Bollocks. I've been contracting here since the 90's and never had these problems. The only people who seem to have problems are greedy UK contractors using dodgy schemes
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

When you work in a country which thinks that all money you earn there actually belongs to the taxman you will always run into problems the peeps that tried to be sneaky or were badly advised have got done for back tax the sneaky peeps have got caught and should get their tax paid pronto
      no ifs or buts but there have been a sizeable minority that have tried to go legit or were genuinely badly advised by so called German accountants
      Look at some of the previous threads regarding this there is no smoke without fire regardless of what some of the pro German/ non pro German people here say because it will be your kahunas on the line if it goes sourkraut up ..

Comment

Originally posted by gibbsville View Post
        When you work in a country which thinks that all money you earn there actually belongs to the taxman
        I can't think of a decent sized western European country where this is not the case.

Even in "low" tax Switzerland they ensure contractors/freelancers pay their tax.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          I can't think of a decent sized western European country where this is not the case.

Even in "low" tax Switzerland they ensure contractors/freelancers pay their tax.
          I think the problem is the common one across all countries. If you annoy tax collectors they'll go out of their way to ensure you pay everything they think you owe them regardless of whether you actually owe it or not.

i've always thought the best advice for contractors is don't try and be clever when it comes to tax and nothing in the last few years has changed that opinion.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Your missing the point I am not saying people shouldn't pay tax it's the assumption that all monies that are paid belongs to them it's a control mechanism Germany has struggled with for a very long time even pre NSDAP a fact of life there that even pees off the natives and they don't like Johnny Foreigner coming in and doing things that they do not agree with they want every contractor coming in and paying the full permie type whack that way they have full control and insight to the exact cent every Johnny Foreigner is pulling in agree or disagree with me but that is their mentality and it ain't gonna change anytime soon

Comment

Your missing the point I am not saying people shouldn't pay tax it's the assumption that all monies that are paid belongs to them it's a control mechanism Germany has struggled with for a very long time even pre NSDAP a fact of life there that even pees off the natives and they don't like Johnny Foreigner coming in and doing things that they do not agree with they want every contractor coming in and paying the full permie type whack that way they have full control and insight to the exact cent every Johnny Foreigner is pulling in agree or disagree with me but that is their mentality and it ain't gonna change anytime soon
              Have you ever heard of the concept of a full stop? What you have written above is an unintelligible, unreadable rant.

What's worse is we're on page 2 and I'm still at a loss as to what you did, what they are doing now and exactly what you are complaining about.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Don't get personal it only makes you look silly

Comment

If you can't keep up get yourself up to scratch on reading at a slightly quicker speed and don't get too hung up on the punctuation it makes you out as a bit pedantic which I am sure your not

Comment

Don't get personal it only makes you look silly
                    Your ranting makes you look silly.

Lots of posters on this thread have taken the time to point out to you that if you try to play around with some countries' tax regulations then their taxmen will chase you regardless.

Comment

If you can't keep up get yourself up to scratch on reading at a slightly quicker speed and don't get too hung up on the punctuation it makes you out as a bit pedantic which I am sure your not
                      You have written an incoherent xenophobic rant.

If you wanted other posters to think your rant has some valid points you should put some punctuation in it.

Oh and BTW I was told about these schemes when I first started contacting years ago because my first contract was abroad. A quick look at that country's tax laws and I knew I wouldn't get away with it.

Any country that requires you to register means it's harder for you disappear even if you don't register.

Comment

Working...
                      X