• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dealing with Day Rate disclosure requests.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
    If *you* select?

Not up yourself much for an agent are you?/
    Erm...yes. Do you need a diagram?

I select my candidates.

Candidates go to client, who select who they want to interview.

One person gets the job.

If I've selected the one who gets the job, I get paid. If I select the person who doesn't get the job, I don't.

Let me know if you need further clarification.
    "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
    SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
      Erm...yes. Do you need a diagram?

I select my candidates.

Candidates go to client, who select who they want to interview.

One person gets the job.

If I've selected the one who gets the job, I get paid. If I select the person who doesn't get the job, I don't.

...And twenty other agencies, all working on the same account, do exactly the same. So your choices, ultimately, are meaningless. A good candidate will always find their cv put forward to a client. It's just that we contractors select the most suitable agent to do so.

Hopefully the above is clear enough that I don't need to draw you a diagram.

nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
        ...And twenty other agencies, all working on the same account, do exactly the same. So your choices, ultimately, are meaningless. A good candidate will always find their cv put forward to a client. It's just that we contractors select the most suitable agent to do so.

Exactly. The only person that the decision matters to, is me. Hence the use of the words "My selection".

The theory is, that if you're the best person for the role, then you'll be the person I select 9.9 times out of 10.....
        "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
        SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post

Twenty?!
          Most clients have ‘preferred’ suppliers or ‘approved’ agencies. Once 4 agents approached me about the same contract but a one-off.
          one day at a time

Comment

I just wanted to check if anyone needed any further clarification on any of the points in this thread at all?

Anyone??

Comment

Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
              Exactly. The only person that the decision matters to, is me. Hence the use of the words "My selection".

The theory is, that if you're the best person for the role, then you'll be the person I select 9.9 times out of 10.....
              You know I appreciate your views and I think that they add a lot of value to the forum because it's good to get a different view of this contracting malarky but I've only just recovered the power of typing after finding out about you disclosing about your 30% cut!

Comment

Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
                I just wanted to check if anyone needed any further clarification on any of the points in this thread at all?

Anyone??
                Sorry, I am not sure what you mean.
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by GillsMan View Post

Anyone??
                  Crikey, hornets nest or what people!

Here is a question no one has ever been able to explain to me. Why don’t companies simply source their contractors and permies directly through job boards? That was what was supposed to happen many years ago when Monster and the other me – 2’s came on the seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Contractoid View Post

Here is a question no one has ever been able to explain to me. Why don’t companies simply source their contractors and permies directly through job boards? That was what was supposed to happen many years ago when Monster and the other me – 2’s came on the seen.
                    Just for clarification: do you want the questions explained or answered?
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by Contractoid View Post

If you can't answer this one yourself you have a pretty poor understanding of business IMO.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X