• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coming up with a viable plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Who has come up with a working plan B? How should I go about it? Do I look at what I do best or think outside the box......
    http://www.tropicalbeachouse.co.uk/
    "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
    "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      You may have noticed my increased post rate over the last few weeks....

Currently working my notice period to get out of the most tulipe place I have worked so far and have plenty of time on my hands...

So I want to use the next 3 weeks to come up with a plan B. Can I get some serious suggestions here? Who has come up with a working plan B? How should I go about it? Do I look at what I do best or think outside the box......
      No 12 monther in Knutsford?

Comment

Originally posted by JohannM View Post
        No ½ monther in Knutsford?
        FTFY
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by JohannM View Post
            No 12 monther in Knutsford?
            That's my current Plan A. More time at home gives me that chance to work on a plan B.

Comment

slight hijack (apologies).. but hands up if you're at Knutsford..

Currently have an offer on the table and deciding..

What are the chances of >6 months panning out?

Comment

Originally posted by doesNotCompute View Post
                slight hijack (apologies).. but hands up if you're at Knutsford..

Currently have an offer on the table and deciding..

What are the chances of >6 months panning out?
                No idea dude, just about to start a 12 monther....

That's part of the fun of contracting - living life on the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum View Post
                  One of my plan Bs is a crappy little web site. Got sandboxed for the first three months. Then made 70 quid last month, 80 so far this month. Hosting costs 6 quid.

Hardly the big bucks but it's slowly building. Passive income. Scalable and repeatable. Hopefully will be able to keep it growing.
                  Just reading through some old plan B threads - any update on how your website is doing?

I have 3 websites launched but the eldest is only 4 months down to 1 month for the latest. I'm currently turning over pennies a day but very early days & have been told it can take a couple of years (with adding content weekly) to really see the rewards.

Comment

Working...
                  X