• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coming up with a viable plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Anybody tried trading on Ebay and made a success out of it? I love buying and selling but that's about the only thing I can think of at the moment...

Also eek: I love your signature - it just about sums up what we do a lot of the time....
    I used to generate about £20k per year through Ebay as part of the shop turnover. Equated to about £500 per month profit after costs.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I used to generate about £20k per year through Ebay as part of the shop turnover. Equated to about £500 per month profit after costs.
      £500 per month? So an extra day's invoicing? Is it worth it?

Comment

£500 per month? So an extra day's invoicing? Is it worth it?
        Every penny counts.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

One of my plan Bs is a crappy little web site. Got sandboxed for the first three months. Then made 70 quid last month, 80 so far this month. Hosting costs 6 quid.

Hardly the big bucks but it's slowly building. Passive income. Scalable and repeatable. Hopefully will be able to keep it growing.

Comment

You may have noticed my increased post rate over the last few weeks....

Currently working my notice period to get out of the most tulipe place I have worked so far and have plenty of time on my hands...

So I want to use the next 3 weeks to come up with a plan B. Can I get some serious suggestions here? Who has come up with a working plan B? How should I go about it? Do I look at what I do best or think outside the box......

Comment

Currently working my notice period to get out of the most tulipe place I have worked so far and have plenty of time on my hands...

So I want to use the next 3 weeks to come up with a plan B. Can I get some serious suggestions here? Who has come up with a working plan B? How should I go about it? Do I look at what I do best or think outside the box......
              What do you do as a contractor? I'm a developer, I have only just taken the plunge into contracting, i have a number of ideas that i think could do ok, so i dont thinks that it is a waste of time, i am combining doing it with some personal training.

For example 1 idea i have is a website with a number of services also provided. Going to develop it whilst teaching myself web-api, then if it doesnt make me millions, i have still go something out of it.

Have you read "The long Tail"?

Comment

Coming on here and asking for someone hand you a viable business idea on a plate reveals that you are definitely not cut out to create a successful business, you should probably look to go back to permiedom.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                  Coming on here and asking for someone hand you a viable business idea on a plate reveals that you are definitely not cut out to create a successful business, you should probably look to go back to permiedom.
                  Discussing ideas on plan B's is hardly asking a plan B to be handed on a plate to me. Your arrogance is not needed here.

Comment

Discussing ideas on plan B's is hardly asking a plan B to be handed on a plate to me. Your arrogance is not needed here.

You are a ditherer, stick to permie, you will save yourself some heartache.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                      You are a ditherer, stick to permie, you will save yourself some heartache.
                      Left permie 2.5 years ago. No way I am going back to that again.

Comment

Working...
                      X