• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies to avoid....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True, I have a list of Agencies that I avoid dealing with if I can help it, if I see a role advertised by a number of them my choice of where to send my application is influenced by this List.

Comment

Avoid at all costs: <mod snip>

Hello:

This ****ers at <mod snip> don't even tell you that they will be taking a part of the daily rate.

I am ok with them taking a one-off fee for finding a customer, but they deliberately hide the fact that the contract is signed between them and the final customer, taking a good part of our hard earned money.

Plus, they will bulltulip you all necessary to get the hire.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaimef View Post
        Hello:

This ****ers at <mod snip> don't even tell you that they will be taking a part of the daily rate.

I am ok with them taking a one-off fee for finding a customer, but they deliberately hide the fact that the contract is signed between them and the final customer, taking a good part of our hard earned money.

Plus, they will bulltulip you all necessary to get the hire.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!
        I've snipped the name and allowed this through to let you know that this is how all agencies work. The agency you named is doing nothing out of the ordinary.

They may be taking a large percentage commission which is greedy, but that is a different story.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          I've snipped the name and allowed this through to let you know that this is how all agencies work. The agency you named is doing nothing out of the ordinary.

They may be taking a large percentage commission which is greedy, but that is a different story.
          +1. Also the agency will probably be factoring your invoices and paying you well before they get paid... That costs money and that needs to be included in the x% they are taking...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

How on earth is that hidden, you sign a contract between you and the agency not between you and the client.
            Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Blackapple Solutions Ltd some Indian outfit that call you from a London based number, hardly understandable what they are saying, called me 4 days in a row about the same job, told them the first time the rate was only 1/2 of what I usually ask and they seemed to complete ignore it or not understand it. Second time they called me I told them politely they called me the day before and hung up 3d and 4th time I just shouted at them not to call me anymore

Comment

Originally posted by jaimef View Post
                Hello:

I think you need to tell us all which agencies DON'T do that as I want to use this charitiy organisation for my next contract!

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  Blackapple Solutions Ltd some Indian outfit that call you from a London based number, hardly understandable what they are saying, called me 4 days in a row about the same job, told them the first time the rate was only 1/2 of what I usually ask and they seemed to complete ignore it or not understand it. Second time they called me I told them politely they called me the day before and hung up 3d and 4th time I just shouted at them not to call me anymore
                  Sounds like the calls and voicemail messages I had last week. I literally couldn't understand what they were saying and couldn't even work out what the guy's name was nevermind the company he worked for!

Comment

Originally posted by Bozwell View Post
                    Sounds like the calls and voicemail messages I had last week. I literally couldn't understand what they were saying and couldn't even work out what the guy's name was nevermind the company he worked for!
                    Yep. Ive been getting calls from them or another similar company. Staffed by Indians with a very poor grasp of English and using such crap phones every word sounds distorted.
                    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                      Yep. Ive been getting calls from them or another similar company. Staffed by Indians with a very poor grasp of English and using such crap phones every word sounds distorted.
                      They call you over Skype (or similar) but have bad internet connections.

Also they are getting more adventurous with their UK phone numbers....
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X