• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Enforced Holidays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lloyds 10% Cut

Originally posted by zulu View Post
    isn't the LBG rate cut only for renewals. I am due for renewal beginning March, hope they don't screw me over with a rate cut on top of the enforced leave!!!
    Yes, just renewals.

Most around my area are end of the year, but a handfull have gone through the renewal - majority have had the 10% cut but we believe a small number did not take the 10%.

You may get lucky, by March it may have been forgotten about!!

Comment

Originally posted by SneakySimon View Post
      Yes, just renewals.

Most around my area are end of the year, but a handfull have gone through the renewal - majority have had the 10% cut but we believe a small number did not take the 10%.

You may get lucky, by March it may have been forgotten about!!
      From what I have been told it is 10% cut for all who didn't have one last month - which is me - but I haven't had "the email" from Hyphen yet - has anyone else had "the email"?

Comment

Originally posted by lloydscontractor View Post
        From what I have been told it is 10% cut for all who didn't have one last month - which is me - but I haven't had "the email" from Hyphen yet - has anyone else had "the email"?
        Received "the email" now, 1 month's notice from 1 December, so contract ends 31st. New contract with affect from 1 Jan at -10%.

Comment

Received email today that all LBG contractor pay rates within GIT(Wholesale & Insurance) will be slashed by 10% from Jan 1 2012. WTF!!!

I do not see what purpose does a contract serve when the rates can be messed around with whenever they fancy!

Forum gurus, is there any way the daily rate can be "protected" until contract is due for renewal.

Comment

Not if they're terminating the previous contract.
            Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by zulu View Post
              I do not see what purpose does a contract serve when the rates can be messed around with whenever they fancy!
              That is because you are a hidden permie and I claim referreal fee from the HMRC.

That is business and that is what contractors are for. You do have an option but I bet you don't take it.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                That is because you are a hidden permie and I claim referreal fee from the HMRC.

That is business and that is what contractors are for. You do have an option but I bet you don't take it.

Thanks for your condescension .... yeah right, there is an option.....always! there are mugs out there prepared to hire at higher rates...thanks LBG! it was a pleasure!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

• Expecting a contract to be adhered to isn't permie mentality.
                  • Employers often try the same thing on permies too... "we need everyone to sign these new contracts".
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    • Expecting a contract to be adhered to isn't permie mentality.
                    • Employers often try the same thing on permies too... "we need everyone to sign these new contracts".
                    Agreed and it was a bit tongue in cheek but terms like 'messed around with whenever they fancy' sounds more like hidden permie rant than contractor understanding to me. A different wording of it would have been expected.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Received "the email" now, 1 month's notice from 1 December, so contract ends 31st. New contract with affect from 1 Jan at -10%.
                      That email talks about clicking Accept or clicking Reject. Any idea where these magic buttons are?

Comment

Working...
                      X