• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend work - charge or not?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    NLUK - I bet I dont spend as long on it as you do on this forum every day being negative, having a go at people, and generally acting like a miserable git. :-)

(But I do love you really !)
    I bet you don't but at least I can make an informed decision for myself once in a blue moon.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Bill full day, IMHO.

You can always give them a couple of hours later if the guilt is overpowering and the money is in your bank account:-)
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

If you're entitled to bill for a full day but are a bit uncomfortable doing that, bill for half and make the client know how much of a favour you've done him :-)

Comment

Yeh, thinking about it like most people said I have done the work as requested for that particular day so I should be able to claim a day rate....

But thanks for all the opinions. ......
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I would probably not bother to bill if it was a one-off. Flexibility works both ways.
            If it was regular weekend work then I would though.

Comment

Leave it with the agency, they take a percentage so they'll want to bill if they can.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Ermm... Aren't we rather missing the point here? Permies get weekends off. Contractors either have working days or non-working days.

As I said at the top of the thread, you've done work, you charge for it. You're not in business for free, apart from anything else it's against your resonsibilities as a company direcotr.

Stick the bill in and stop agonising about it.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

If it was me 3 hours at home phoning or dialling-in I would write it off as good will. 3 hours on site might have been a different matter
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    If it was me 3 hours at home phoning or dialling-in I would write it off as good will. 3 hours on site might have been a different matter
                    Whats the difference? At one point I was out and about and had to make a detour home to dial in to sort something.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      Whats the difference? At one point I was out and about and had to make a detour home to dial in to sort something.
                      The difference is you asked for opinions on a simple situation problem that affects only you and did not tell us the in's and outs of the exact situation on which to make your decision for you. HTH
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X