• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Returning from the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Returning from the USA

I have been looking at returning to the UK after 8 years here in the USA. I cannot get any consideration from any of the roles for which I have applied. As a project manager of over 20 years PM and a total of 35 years in IT overall.

I am presently helping select, purchase and implement IT systems for hospitals and clinics. I am a PRINCE practitioner (have to re-certify in P2), MBCS and MAPM.

Do I have to fly back on spec. or would someone with a need like to call me for a conversation? <mod snip> (GMT -7h)

Mod note: if you want I'll ask admin to give you PM rights.

I'm afraid you might have missed the boat for NHS contracts but I would suggest that you join NHS groups on LinkedIn and put yourself about a bit.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

It could be worth looking at companies like UnitedHealth UK part of the UHG group of companies. Working closely with the NHS, but with decent contractor rates.
      Last edited by Netraider; 25 September 2011, 18:43. Reason: Can't spell!!!!!
      SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Also remember as a 'returning resident' thanks to UK government you are not entitled to any benefits!

Refugees and asylum seekers are, but not expat Brits.

Comment

Working...
        X