• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top Designers Wanted. Agencies will NOT be considered.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Designers Wanted. Agencies will NOT be considered.

If you've worked with some blisteringly good software designers, who are presently benched - please point them in my direction.

None of this pixel-pushing, subjective ego-driven crap... real lead designers who evidence their thinking, work with (and create) frameworks, component libraries (across open-source & proprietary RIA tech), and (preferably) have worked both design agency & client-side producing outstanding work in high pressure (IB) environments.

Portfolio essential - opportunity is direct, no agencies.
    PM me if interested.

RH

Software design is a bit of a vague term - what you're describing sounds like more like a software architect role to me?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
      If you've worked with some blisteringly good software designers, who are presently benched - please point them in my direction.

None of this pixel-pushing, subjective ego-driven crap... real lead designers who evidence their thinking, work with (and create) frameworks, component libraries (across open-source & proprietary RIA tech), and (preferably) have worked both design agency & client-side producing outstanding work in high pressure (IB) environments.

Portfolio essential - opportunity is direct, no agencies.
      PM me if interested.

RH
      They updating the Shipping Forecast website again?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Software design is a bit of a vague term - what you're describing sounds like more like a software architect role to me?
        There's an overlap between a lead designer looking at information architecture and a system architect, as there's some overlap between the same and a BA looking at requirements and use cases. In my line, a designer would look at these from a user's perspective, after having researched that perspective and turned the research into actionable information - then prototype, test, iterate and refine the design until a pre-agreed consensus is reached, then you'd get out the crayons and make it look nice before or while it went into build, depending on the technology.

The net result is a more intuitive and pleasing user interface, and less money spent at build, UAT and in further development. Often - the research unearths great product ideas and enhancements.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
          They updating the Shipping Forecast website again?

Yep - it was starting to look weathered.

Comment

So basically you want a good user interface designer with experience of requirement gathering and a focus on usability rather than easy of programming.

Web site or application?
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Yep.

Application.

Know anyone good?

Comment

Yep.

Application.

Know anyone good?
                Web side yep (me). Sadly on the Apps side no-one as I've not dealt with them in years.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Yep.

Application.

Know anyone good?
                  Yep I have thousands of them on the database but that would mean having to use an agency.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I'd like to be considered please RH. I've added an example of my design work below. It's an early sketch of my "CUK Auto Poster" - a handy little utility that will automate some of the CUK tasks I do the most.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X