• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doing long miles every day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Now there is an understatement! You forget they maybe cheap to buy and run but they are also bloody rubbish for doing 100's of miles a day in. THere has to be a balance on the actual work the car has to do. If not you might as well suggest we all get a Segway.
    You can't drive a segway on the roads and pavements of the UK. Its a shame really as the X2 is as much fun as a quad bike on rough terrain.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Have been checking out some leases, and the thing that strikes me is that Personal lease costs are about 20% higher than Business lease prices (including VAT).

So I was thinking, what's stopping me from leasing a car under the business name, but paying for it personally, i.e. not running it through the books? I'd be using the company as a "shell" to obtain the cheaper price, but not actually taking any money from the company itself. So there is no BIK, right?

If I take out a business lease, purely to obtain the cheaper rates, but pay for it personally, then does HMRC need to be notified?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        You can't drive a segway on the roads and pavements of the UK. Its a shame really as the X2 is as much fun as a quad bike on rough terrain.
        How about one of these babies then...

BBC News - Driving an electric 'bubble' car designed to avoid crashing

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X