• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need good accountant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hex View Post
    I hate 0845 numbers. Why can't you give a normal geographic number on your website, if you have to have the 0845 thing then put it beside a geographic number and give your customers (or potential customers) the choice.
    I agree, however, our personnel, arn't always based in the office.

Therefore we have our number diverted so each call can be answered personally, much better than getting a machine or having to go through a receptionist to leave a message for the person who you actually want to speak to.

We work on direct access.
    Some mobile contracts don't include 08 numbers as part of the bundle, for that reason once we have initial contact, we will provide an alternative mobile number, after all.. if your already paying a monthly service fee for an accountant, it shouldn't cost you more to speak to us!

We're always happy to give a call back service too, just drop us an email.

Comment

Originally posted by Kri04 View Post
      Hi,

I would like to move from my existing accountant to another one. Could anyone advise me of some good accountants. I would also like to know if anyone uses Nixon Williams services and how good are they? And also how is SJD? Which one is good among them..

Thanks in advance
      SJD have always provided me a very good reliable service.

Comment

Originally posted by LIMA Accountancy View Post
        I agree, however, our personnel, arn't always based in the office.

Therefore we have our number diverted so each call can be answered personally, much better than getting a machine or having to go through a receptionist to leave a message for the person who you actually want to speak to.
        Sounds like a "one man and a dog" operation. Not sure how the customer service can be kept up.
        "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
          Sounds like a "one man and a dog" operation. Not sure how the customer service can be kept up.
          That's rich coming from a contractor who pretends to provide a reliable business service.

What's wrong with 0845?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            That's rich coming from a contractor who pretends to provide a reliable business service.

What's wrong with 0845?
            They're excluded from the free minutes on many mobile contracts so you end up paying for the call. They are also excluded from landline contracts which give free call packages - the ones I know of still charge for 0845, although I think BT call packages include them.

Most annoying for me is the fact that they may be charged and I don't remember how much. Much better for me to just have normal geographical number to call - then I know it's included in my free minutes.

0870 number are even worse and 0844 and 0871 are bad too. SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers

Comment

On that subject, there's a cool service to call 0800 numbers free from mobiles: 0800Buster.co.uk: Call 0800, 0808 & 0500 Numbers Free From Your Mobile
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'm relatively new to contracting and am looking for a new accountant as I am hearing bad things about mine although the service has been good. Same names seem to be cropping up as recommendations so will look at those.

Comment

Originally posted by bdc1 View Post
                  I'm relatively new to contracting and am looking for a new accountant as I am hearing bad things about mine although the service has been good. Same names seem to be cropping up as recommendations so will look at those.
                  What bad things areyou hearing? If you are happy with the service you are getting, why change?

Comment

I use Nixon Williams on the back of a friends recommendation and I would recommend them!

I have had one "issue" where my dividend calculation was incorrect 1/4 of what it should have been! But this was quickly rectified and they were very apologetic.

Comment

Working...
                    X