• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clientco demands work beyond scope of duties on contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permanent I hope Cojak, that particular sockie has been banned before if memory serves.

Well played anyway

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      And who can also shove said lollipop where the sun don't shine.

I don't move aside for chumps, sonny jim...
      Ooh a Cojak ban. Worth 10x an RH.

I'm all for a good 'troll' but Pro boards are a No No.

To the Op question. If you don't like it don't do it.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I would definitely get a separate schedule raised against the contract to cover the new stuff. As to whether it would have a different rate on it - depends on various things, but you're well within your rights.

Comment

Daaaam!! SueEllen AND Cojak giving it straight in the same thread. Am in heaven!!
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

To all the more experienced contractors,
            My understanding was that working on projects beyond the scope of the duties on contract is a strict no no for IR35 friendly work practices. Is that not correct? I would sign a new contract (may be sub-contract or an amendment to existing one) to work on a out of scope project work.
            Or I may have my understanding of the IR35 completely wrong.

Comment

How on earth does someone mentally ill get beyond 1000 posts on a forum without being noticed?

Comment

Originally posted by Clever Hans View Post
                How on earth does someone mentally ill get beyond 1000 posts on a forum without being noticed?
                Actually, on second thoughts, best not answer that.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Daaaam!! SueEllen AND Cojak giving it straight in the same thread. Am in heaven!!

I've learnt from some of the best.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by rd409 View Post
                    To all the more experienced contractors,
                    My understanding was that working on projects beyond the scope of the duties on contract is a strict no no for IR35 friendly work practices. Is that not correct? I would sign a new contract (may be sub-contract or an amendment to existing one) to work on a out of scope project work.
                    Or I may have my understanding of the IR35 completely wrong.
                    Your contract should be written to have your list of duties/deliverables on it for the project.

However you may find the scope is vague due to the person/lawyer writing them not having a clue about what you actually do. The best ones ask you to check/amend it so you can write the list in such away it gives you a chance to learn new technologies/skills on the job.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Your contract should be written to have your list of duties/deliverables on it for the project.

However you may find the scope is vague due to the person/lawyer writing them not having a clue about what you actually do. The best ones ask you to check/amend it so you can write the list in such away it gives you a chance to learn new technologies/skills on the job.
                      WSES

The only way to keep continually in contract is to keep you skills up to date and learn new stuff. The only way to do that is

1) do jobs that fall outside your day to day remit as they allow you skill set to improve
                      2) keep on the right side of the people paying your bill. If they ask you to solve a problem for them it is not an IR35 problem, it is a marketing opportunity to keep them happy and get a renewal.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X