• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie CV's and Contract CV'S

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permie CV's and Contract CV'S

I read on this site somewhere that a contract cv should be tailored different to a permie CV.

My permie cv has personal stuff like my achievements (london marathon, full uk driving licence, date of birth, interests) do i need this still on there?

Should a contract cv have this c**p on there? there not looking for someone to stay there are they? Just someone who can do the job.

Any thoughts?

Originally posted by TOSH1 View Post

Should a contract cv have this c**p on there? there not looking for someone to stay there are they? Just someone who can do the job.

Any thoughts?
    They never used to care, these days they want to know where you see yourself in 5 years for a 4 week contract.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I do not put any of the personal stuff on there. I don't put address either, just telephone number(s) and email address. As an older worker, my CV is written so that you cannot tell my age within 10 or 20 years from the CV too.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        I do not put any of the personal stuff on there. I don't put address either, just telephone number(s) and email address. As an older worker, my CV is written so that you cannot tell my age within 10 or 20 years from the CV too.
        This^
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

WFBS +2.

Any work history before I started contracting can be given on request.

It keep the CV's short and relevant (because we all have more than one, don't we boys and girls?).
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by TOSH1 View Post
            My permie cv has personal stuff like my achievements (london marathon, full uk driving licence, date of birth, interests) do i need this still on there?
            Is having a date of birth an achievment?

I'm not sure how relevant any of that is to permie jobs either. Usually people put that sort of thing on CVs to cover up for lack of real skills and experience, which as contractors we should have in abundance.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Date of birth and address should be removed particularly if you are going to put your CV on online job boards.

You also need to be aware that certain agencies will shove your CV on one so if you don't want everyone to be able to get info about you that easily then leave it off.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                WFBS +2.

Any work history before I started contracting can be given on request.

It keep the CV's short and relevant (because we all have more than one, don't we boys and girls?).
                FB (nodding and agreeing sagely) says "yes".
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

What about German and Swiss CV's where you need to submit your picture, age, blood group, attractiveness of spouse, shoe size and penis length?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                    Yeah, but any employer/agent who really cares might be canny enough to think "he's hiding his age, he must be old". I do the same as you though.

For my address I have taken to putting down the addresses of mates who live within the general region the job is advertised in. Just in case they send any letters. I have had a better response since doing that.

Comment

Working...
                    X