• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone fancy a gig in Europe?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone fancy a gig in Europe?

Dear all,

OK - this is becoming more of a regular occurance - but I need some help - PM me if you're interested (and please make sure you're suitable, I am really fed up with people who are based in foreign shores, with no skills, no language ability, and no technical understanding!)

I need a solutions architect, with .net experience, who is prepared to work in Sweden.

I know there's alot of benched people out there at the moment, so if you suit the role below, please let me know, it might just get one of you off the bench. Rate is £525 per day (inclusive of travel and accomodation).

Details below:

Interviews would be quick turnaround for first, potentially a few days wait for second.

The main challenge for the solution architect is to be able to find the optimal solution based on both the specific requirements as well as the technical standards and strategies at the client.
    The requested architect is expected to perform work in both minor and major projects. The projects will likely run in parallel so the person need to be able to multi-task between different projects. The work will involve both Application design and infrastructure design broad technical background is preferred. The person should also be able to take a question or issue and drive it all the way to a solution with minimal guidance.
    An architect at the client drives the technical design in all types of development projects. This involves finding out what the non-functional requirements are for the solution the project will deliver. The architect is then responsible to combine the non-functional requirements and the functional requirements into a working solution design.
    The architect works closely with the project manager and the business analysts assigned to the project team during Inception and Elaboration phases. During the Construction and Transition phases the architect will maintain the technical design in close cooperation with the technical architect.
    The architect is also responsible to secure the transition of the solution design to the maintenance organization and that the solution is maintainable.

Main Tasks:
    • Do the analysis of possible platforms and solutions for realising the design
    • Develop and maintain the technical solution design throughout the project, based on both the requirements but also following the technical standards and the client IT strategies
    • Ensuring the solutions fit into the clients IT Landscape
    • Documenting the technical aspects of the solution design (Software Architecture Document (SAD) as well as design and implementation of technical infrastructure)
    • Managing the architectural and technical review gates the projects needs to do
    • Writing the technical parts of RFQ material for the procurement of the Construction phase
    • Secure the transition of the design between the Elaboration and Construction phase and to the maintenance organization at the end of the project.

I need:

• Very good communication skills
    • Self going and driven
    • Leadership qualifications
    • Broad Technical background, + 3 years experience as both Infrastructure and Application architect
    • Experience gathering functional and non-functional requirements and translating these into designs
    • Documented .NET and SQL server experience
    • Java Enterprise Edition, IBM Websphere Application Server experience
    • Integration / messaging techniques experience, (MQ, VCOM, AQ)
    • Experience of sizing infrastructure for applications
    • Framework and tool hands-on knowledge (Struts, Subversion, etc)

Experience Required
    • Practical project work as a solution architect, preferably with infrastructure focus
    "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
    SlimRick

Can't argue with that

I am being of much years experence of working in latest release of Sweden using .net

My doing turnarounds is very fast and can do plenty meny.
    I do all codes.
    Much Quickness - Plenty Cheapness.
    New most excellent Blogger: http://shawadiwadi.blogspot.com/
    New YouTube Channel: BobShawadiwadi

Comment

Originally posted by BobShawadiwadi View Post
      I am being of much years experence of working in latest release of Sweden using .net

My doing turnarounds is very fast and can do plenty meny.

Oh bejeezus.
      "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
      SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Good luck - that spec is drivel.
        The first paragraph can be summarised as "I need a solution architect" - except it's written in sloppy language that any decent solution architect would recoil at.

The "main tasks" bullet points say that again, but in a slightly different dialect of consultantese.

These 3 are the only requirements that are actually helpful:
        • Documented .NET and SQL server experience
        • Java Enterprise Edition, IBM Websphere Application Server experience
        • Integration / messaging techniques experience, (MQ, VCOM, AQ)

the rest are what you'd expect of anybody who's worked in IT, ever. (& what "leadership qualifications" do you need?)

apart from this:
        • Framework and tool hands-on knowledge (Struts, Subversion, etc)
        Struts and subversion are such disparate concepts that it looks like somebody slept through the meeting but woke up twice and wrote down a word each time.
        (saying "struts, Subversion etc" is a bit like "epilepsy, stethoscope etc." to describe a GP)

You might as well get a fresh grad, put them in a nice suit, give tham £150/day and pocket the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
          Good luck - that spec is drivel.
          To you the spec may well be "drivel" but did TAV write it??

He's just trying to earn a (dis)honest crust and also get someone off the bench, Give the guy a break ffs..

Comment

No, I'm sure he didn't write it. I'd be surprised if he's even read it. Its thunky translation into English explains a bit but by no means all.

I just meant, with the best will in the world: if you're wondering why all your responses are from people with no skills or technical understanding, it's probably because the spec is crying out "you will be reporting to people who don't understand what they want you to do". Big consultancies thrive on that sitation but technical experts don't. If you want to succeed in this placement, you'll have to do a lot of that legendary value-adding for which you agents are famous.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
              No, I'm sure he didn't write it. I'd be surprised if he's even read it. Its thunky translation into English explains a bit but by no means all.

I just meant, with the best will in the world: if you're wondering why all your responses are from people with no skills or technical understanding, it's probably because the spec is crying out "you will be reporting to people who don't understand what they want you to do". Big consultancies thrive on that sitation but technical experts don't. If you want to succeed in this placement, you'll have to do a lot of that legendary value-adding for which you agents are famous.
              I thought you were an oracle bod. You should have at least recognised that some of that spec tells you that knowledge of the oracle unified method is required.

Comment

Myself, I think TAV should be applauded for offering gigs here. It should happen more IMO. However, regarding the job spec, aren't they drivel just about 99% of the time? You can't really expect an agent to write every client requirement, the agents don't know. The clients generally DO know but they can't write it down. That, my esteemed colleagues, is where we come in and solve the client's problems. You know, the ones he probably doesn't know he even has.

Sorry for the thread hijack, BTW.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

It just looks like every other job-spec I see; I'm amazed anyone blinked an eye. Apart from the slim chance TAV is engaging in particularly ugly trolling I'm happy to see gigs coming up here.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If anybody does actually want this gig, I'm about 95% sure I know what bank it's for. TAV, if you slip me a £50 backhander I won't tell everybody the contact details of the hiring manager...
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X