• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

4 agencies, 7 stages.....no chance.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xchaotic View Post
    Personally, and that's only because I have a choice, I would get back to the agent saying that I can do 1 hour interview for free and I would charge for the rest thus allowing two ways to move forward:
    a) by simplifying the process
    b) by getting paid for the time spent/wasted
    that won't happen if it's a permie opp

Comment

all the banking (Front Office development) roles ive been for are generally 2 stages: (1) tech test / interview (2) Business / Product knowledge interview.

Thats it and tbh all you need. For my latest I had stage 1 in the morning and stage 2 after work the same day, you will understand if the person can or cant do the job based on the above 2 + their past roles.

Comment

Techinical test
        Originally posted by ettubrute View Post
        What's that?
        Thank god there wasn't a spelling test in mine [
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
          Contractors in "I don't want anyone to spend any decent amount of time with me, incase they find out I'm not worth X00's per day" shocker.....
          Agents in the "I don't give a s-h-i-t-e" mode, as I don't have to go through all that. I just arrange it for some other mug to attend...
          nomadd liked this post

Comment

In general a contract role should only have one interview. A telephone interview beforehand is fine, but two or more separate face-to-face meetings should ring alarm bells.

Multiple interviews mean they want to treat you like a permie, or management don't trust their team leads to pick a good contractor. Multiple interviews goes against the whole ethos of contracting: contractors should be easy to hire and easy to fire. That's what clients pay for!
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
              In general a contract role should only have one interview. A telephone interview beforehand is fine, but two or more separate face-to-face meetings should ring alarm bells.

Multiple interviews mean they want to treat you like a permie, or management don't trust their team leads to pick a good contractor. Multiple interviews goes against the whole ethos of contracting: contractors should be easy to hire and easy to fire. That's what clients pay for!
              And you can add "technical tests" to that exclusion list. I always make it clear to agents that I consider such things as billable work, charged in half-day units, and I insist they make the client aware of this if they plan to arrange such tests. Funny enough, they decided to "skip" the technical test for my current gig. And the one before... And the one before...
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                Any decent candidates won't apply because basically they can pick up a decent £500 a day contract from one interview, that means they'll be inviting the dross in to go through a long and time wasting exercise.
                Which is why they need a 7 stage interview process....
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  Any decent candidates won't apply because basically they can pick up a decent £500 a day contract from one interview, that means they'll be inviting the dross in to go through a long and time wasting exercise.
                  My thoughts exactly. These long interviews are for permie jobs where they are looking for graduate trainees or trainee managers for McDonald's.

For me, the interview is a place for me to discuss the client's requirements and for me to make a pitch for how MyCo can work with them to deliver what they want.
                  Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
                    My thoughts exactly. These long interviews are for permie jobs where they are looking for graduate trainees or trainee managers for McDonald's.

For me, the interview is a place for me to discuss the client's requirements and for me to make a pitch for how MyCo can work with them to deliver what they want.
                    Exactly.
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                    X