• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

4 agencies, 7 stages.....no chance.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 agencies, 7 stages.....no chance.

had 4 agencies on the phone now for the same job within 24 hours.

The first one had me interested even though it was a permie job the pay and benefits were turning my head until they said it was a 7 stage interview process.

7 STAGES....fook that! I'm 3 weeks away from a renewal so absolutly no chance of getting this all done in 2 weeks even if I wanted to put myself through that torture.

7 stages! just imagine what their annual appraisal process is like.

Avoid like the plague IMO. When I was looking for permie jobs I avoided all firms who said there would be a recruitment "event" or some kind of "dog and pony show" type thing.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Gotta be in it to win it. Avoid it like the plague = give it to someone else.

Might as well start the process up until the point it interferes too much with what you are doing or you no longer need the role. Someone has to get the job so might as well have a fighting chance than no chance. When the going gets tough, etc etc.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Personally, and that's only because I have a choice, I would get back to the agent saying that I can do 1 hour interview for free and I would charge for the rest thus allowing two ways to move forward:
        a) by simplifying the process
        b) by getting paid for the time spent/wasted

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Gotta be in it to win it. Avoid it like the plague = give it to someone else.
          True but permie is more about team fit than contract and for me, and obviously the OP, a ClientCo that wants me to jump through 7 hoops is failing my team fit test right then and there. Clearly going to be taking life too seriously.

7 is insane anyways. Who do they think they are? I remember only 3 stages to the Graduate programme I was recruited into by a GlobalCo before the end of Uni.
          Last edited by nfoote; 29 July 2010, 14:46.

Comment

‘shudder’ – did a 7-hour ‘interview day’ for a crappy perm support job one time (they pretended it was a team lead role – it wasn’t), group tasks (with other candidates), interviews, presentations (from scratch on the day).
            It was brutal, I got the job and a splitting headache. Job was crap apart from the extremely fit girl working in the team.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
              ‘shudder’ – did a 7-hour ‘interview day’ for a crappy perm support job one time (they pretended it was a team lead role – it wasn’t), group tasks (with other candidates), interviews, presentations (from scratch on the day).
              It was brutal, I got the job and a splitting headache. Job was crap apart from the extremely fit girl working in the team.
              I used to observe on these and the graduate recruitment days. They were ace, particularly the graduate ones. We would give then some pointless task with paperclips and drawing pins and observe them. The number of them that got frustrated and moaned about what that had to do with a management job was unbelievable. Completely missed the point we were observing against competencies even though we explained at the start. And these guys are supposed to be the future of the company

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
                I used to observe on these and the graduate recruitment days. They were ace, particularly the graduate ones. We would give then some pointless task with paperclips and drawing pins and observe them. The number of them that got frustrated and moaned about what that had to do with a management job was unbelievable. Completely missed the point we were observing against competencies even though we explained at the start. And these guys are supposed to be the future of the company

True but permie is more about team fit than contract and for me, and obviously the OP, a ClientCo that wants me to jump through 7 hoops is failing my team fit test right then and there. Clearly going to be taking life too seriously.

7 is insane anyways. Who do they think they are? I remember only 3 stages to the Graduate programme I was recruited into by a GlobalCo before the end of Uni.
                Dunno about too seriously. Some companies put a lot of investment in to these high performance team concepts and get them right then it can really show results. American companies tend to be big on this, group hugs and all that.

I have to admit 7 is alot. Our graduate ones were 4 but even we thought that was a bit much. I can't imagine what you would do for 7. I guess meeting senior management, peers and tech management for approval can cover 3 steps.

Comment

It's the reason I left permiedom in the first place - ******* tulipe like that!!!

Load of absolute bollocks!
                  Blood in your poo

Comment

Google

is a nine stage interview ..........

Comment

Working...
                    X